• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FRAG 7 Door Info

Gamble

Thanks for the update! I was thinking to get my X-doors 3D scanned into CAD and start from there. The outline should be the same and was thinking to do a thick profile, however use some of the inner space to add power locks. I like the Frag 5 side rolling windows look, but I am told they have terrible visibility, especially for the side mirrors, which I can see why.
It's all about cameras with monitors inside for visibility. And since we're talking armor may as well get cameras with nice nv features. I think there are a few people working on this task of reproducing the armored doors via CAD which is a great idea. The other outstanding question will be what material to use for manufacturing. The real armor is multi-layer as I understand it. It will be interesting to see what products come to market in the upcoming months.

jake20

Thanks for the update! I was thinking to get my X-doors 3D scanned into CAD and start from there. The outline should be the same and was thinking to do a thick profile, however use some of the inner space to add power locks. I like the Frag 5 side rolling windows look, but I am told they have terrible visibility, especially for the side mirrors, which I can see why.
I’m lucky enough to have a few the spacers that go on each of the pillars to flatten the door profile instead of it angling inwards on the upper half. I’m missing 2 in case anyone knows of any, don’t remember which side at the moment.

Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat. I suppose a flat x door could also be used as a reference.

The other thing I’m not sure about is how the front standard threat doors integrate with the armored windshield, if that’s even a concern. This truck will have the ibistek knockout windshields on it.

Gamble

I’m lucky enough to have a few the spacers that go on each of the pillars to flatten the door profile instead of it angling inwards on the upper half. I’m missing 2 in case anyone knows of any, don’t remember which side at the moment.

Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat. I suppose a flat x door could also be used as a reference.

The other thing I’m not sure about is how the front standard threat doors integrate with the armored windshield, if that’s even a concern. This truck will have the ibistek knockout windshields on it.
I think we're both taking the same approach. My understanding is that the IBISTEK windshields don't interfere or require a certain set of armor to function with the standard threat doors. The std armor windshield however may be a different story.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter

My 1152A1 is equipped with IbisTek push out windshields, no interference with standard profile hard doors. I relocated mirrors to the doors only as convenience, not necessity. As a driver I didn’t like looking through windshield to see the mirror.

59A8B3FC-83B0-4DFB-8AA9-4A9A5308DC4E.jpeg

Last edited:

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat.
Yes, exactly, the OEM X-doors outline is very helpful and yes, the plan is to have it flat, similar to these pictures I took at Yermo:

F4D60378-6F83-4B0A-B791-905D0371D9A9.jpeg56DE08C0-DBB4-4D9C-8825-ADA7800F76F1.jpeg737EADEE-1D5A-4A05-9C45-702F1B4BD9E8.jpeg