• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FRAG 7 Door Info

Gamble

Thanks for the update! I was thinking to get my X-doors 3D scanned into CAD and start from there. The outline should be the same and was thinking to do a thick profile, however use some of the inner space to add power locks. I like the Frag 5 side rolling windows look, but I am told they have terrible visibility, especially for the side mirrors, which I can see why.
It's all about cameras with monitors inside for visibility. And since we're talking armor may as well get cameras with nice nv features. I think there are a few people working on this task of reproducing the armored doors via CAD which is a great idea. The other outstanding question will be what material to use for manufacturing. The real armor is multi-layer as I understand it. It will be interesting to see what products come to market in the upcoming months.

jake20

Thanks for the update! I was thinking to get my X-doors 3D scanned into CAD and start from there. The outline should be the same and was thinking to do a thick profile, however use some of the inner space to add power locks. I like the Frag 5 side rolling windows look, but I am told they have terrible visibility, especially for the side mirrors, which I can see why.
I’m lucky enough to have a few the spacers that go on each of the pillars to flatten the door profile instead of it angling inwards on the upper half. I’m missing 2 in case anyone knows of any, don’t remember which side at the moment.

Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat. I suppose a flat x door could also be used as a reference.

The other thing I’m not sure about is how the front standard threat doors integrate with the armored windshield, if that’s even a concern. This truck will have the ibistek knockout windshields on it.

Gamble

I’m lucky enough to have a few the spacers that go on each of the pillars to flatten the door profile instead of it angling inwards on the upper half. I’m missing 2 in case anyone knows of any, don’t remember which side at the moment.

Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat. I suppose a flat x door could also be used as a reference.

The other thing I’m not sure about is how the front standard threat doors integrate with the armored windshield, if that’s even a concern. This truck will have the ibistek knockout windshields on it.
I think we're both taking the same approach. My understanding is that the IBISTEK windshields don't interfere or require a certain set of armor to function with the standard threat doors. The std armor windshield however may be a different story.

OBX

Steel Soldiers Supporter

My 1152A1 is equipped with IbisTek push out windshields, no interference with standard profile hard doors. I relocated mirrors to the doors only as convenience, not necessity. As a driver I didn’t like looking through windshield to see the mirror.

59A8B3FC-83B0-4DFB-8AA9-4A9A5308DC4E.jpeg

Last edited:

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Using a standard x door as a starting point should give you a good baseline of the internal side of the door though, only difference with what I had in mind was that it’d be completely flat.
Yes, exactly, the OEM X-doors outline is very helpful and yes, the plan is to have it flat, similar to these pictures I took at Yermo:

F4D60378-6F83-4B0A-B791-905D0371D9A9.jpeg56DE08C0-DBB4-4D9C-8825-ADA7800F76F1.jpeg737EADEE-1D5A-4A05-9C45-702F1B4BD9E8.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks