• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

From Montana

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm looking at $190 for the obsolete filter versus $360 for the whole unit.
AD-9 dryers are common commercial dryers so most truck parts places have spare filters

The pure air plus dryers used on the 5 tons have a bad habit of hanging the purge valve wide open even after new purge valves or rebuilds they still stick open.

AD9s come with a 12v heater only so you have to swap the heater out. A critical part in Montana

I use an armada brand AD9 dryer on everything from my local parts place

AD9 24v heater swap

Ad-9 dryer

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
AD-9 dryers are common commercial dryers so most truck parts places have spare filters

The pure air plus dryers used on the 5 tons have a bad habit of hanging the purge valve wide open even after new purge valves or rebuilds they still stick open.

AD9s come with a 12v heater only so you have to swap the heater out. A critical part in Montana

I use an armada brand AD9 dryer on everything from my local parts place

AD9 24v heater swap

Ad-9 dryer

Got one of those on my other semi and yes definitely needed as I'm not running alcohol in my air tanks. Straight bolt up for the air lines or is there some adaptation to size of the lines?
I have the NF50011F Pure Air Plus currently on the MV.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Got one of those on my other semi and yes definitely needed as I'm not running alcohol in my air tanks. Straight bolt up for the air lines or is there some adaptation to size of the lines?
I have the NF50011F Pure Air Plus currently on the MV.
You may need a 1/2" m to 3/8" f bushing adapter as some air plus units use a 3/8 female. The AD9s are 1/2"
If you didn't want a dryer you could put an alcohol can on the side of the engine. The navy/usmc trucks all had this over dryers. Alcohol just eats rubber

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
Congratulations on your truck !! Kind of fun to work on, did I really say that lol I got 6 trucks know. 3 m936, m931a1, m9?? Troop carrier motor shot, Hemtt 978.
Thanks, I'm trying to not work on it too much till get my pole barn done. Just doing basic necessities to make it safe for use until then. I'm sure I will add another one or two to the fleet since I need to replace my semi next in the future.

colesmotorsports

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought from a business in Sidney Montana, motor is shot . Rest of it's there . Think that's what it is anyway , bed with canvas cover . Guy is hauling 2 wreckers I bought at auction sale he had . Bought after the sale. Going to get them next week.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks