• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

front axle seal leak

tlflow

I have had recurring front axle seal leak on passenger side. the inner axle was pitted pretty badly under the seal lip.
I used a Speedy Sleeve SKF99212 I had to make a 'tool' to install the little tool they supplied fits in a 2" NPT union sso you can cut off the end after you JB weld it in there. I also blued it and filed down the high spots. I smoothed and cleaned up the surface before the install but I'm a little too OCD and couldn't help myself

Also replaced the spindle bushing, since the load is carried there

speedy Sleeve SKF99212.jpg SKF Installed.jpg

INFChief

I have had recurring front axle seal leak on passenger side. the inner axle was pitted pretty badly under the seal lip.
I used a Speedy Sleeve SKF99212 I had to make a 'tool' to install the little tool they supplied fits in a 2" NPT union sso you can cut off the end after you JB weld it in there. I also blued it and filed down the high spots. I smoothed and cleaned up the surface before the install but I'm a little too OCD and couldn't help myself

Also replaced the spindle bushing, since the load is carried there

View attachment 858459 View attachment 858460
That’s a wheel seal. Axle seal is generally inside the axle housing and seals against fluid running along the axle shaft and escaping in to the hub.