• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ft.Drum, NY

Srjeeper

Weekend of June 18th. & 19th.

10th MTN Div. & Ft.Drum Museum are hosting their 2011 Ride Through History Timeline event and it's open to the public.
This event is also being supported by the NY-Penn MVC, Green Mountain MVC of Vt., CAP and many volunteers.

The event is being held right on the Ft.Drum base, so there will be plenty to see & do. Military vehicles of all shapes & sizes, reenactors, displays and much, much more.

Mark your calendars and come out and show the folks at Ft.Drum how much we appreciate their efforts.

Shows like this don't happen everyday....[thumbzup]

2011 Ride through History - Discussions | Facebook

Attachments

rlwm211

NYPENN MVCC is organizing a convoy to the event on Friday June 17th travelling along RT 12 and Rt 26 to the gate where we are supposed to check in.

The route will begin in Binghamton at 0900 at Lowes on Upper Front Street (Rt 12) and will continue north with stops in Norwich, and Trenton Falls at Adirondack Dodge to rendevous with other members and guests.

Please feel free to PM me for additional details and all are welcome. At this writing we are close to 15 vehicles and are hoping for many more.

Rt 12 is a nice drive with a couple of hills but nothing drastic and we will be passing through some beautiful towns and countryside.

As SRJEEPER pointed out this is a chance to help honor the base and the 10th Mountain Division and to support our soldiers.

Camping is available and there will be water and restrooms for those who display their vehicles.

There will be a guided tour of the maneuver areas and the "Lost Villages" for those who wish to participate.

SRJEEPER put the link to the facebook page and you can alternately contact me via PM for more information.

Hope to see you there!!!!!!

Last edited:

jatonka

The Guntrucks "Untouchable" and" Aces & Eights" will be at the Fort Drum Ride through history on the weekend June 18 and 19. We look forward to honoring the active duty son of a Medal of Honor Holder. Also looking forward to some fun with our brothers. Hope more of our Steel Soldiers can find a way to join us. Wish a thousand members could come up. This 10th Mountain Division is the most activated Division in the United States Army, think about that and please try to attend. John Tennis

rlwm211

Just got word that Bob of Comvec will be making the trip.

I just wanted to emphasize that you can fill out the registration at the gate if need be, so if you think it is too late to get your registration mailed in on time you can do so when you arrive at the base.

The form for a vehicle registration is in the packet I posted above.

RL

Asgar

Does anyone know if this is kid friendly? Can I take my 6yr old son on the FT Drum trail ride and camp out Friday night?

Is it ok to be a 'specator' in a M1008 vs. a reinactor?

Any info would be great,
Thanks!

rlwm211

Yes, kids and all manner of adults are encouraged and allowed. Dogs too.

Camping on site. Restrooms, showers and water too.

Registration could be mailed as soon as you can or as an option filed out at the gate.

As to being a re-enactor or not, I am nothing but a spectator myself.

I have been told there are 3 different renactor groups coming as well.

The guided driving tour of the lost villages and some of the training area will only be held on Saturday so if you are coming for one day I would suggest you try to come on Saturday.

The convoys planned by NYPENN from the Binghamton area and the Albany areas are shaping up and there will be a schedule posted in the next day or so. You can contact me for more details. I will be handling the convoy coordination for both segments prior to the day we make the run.

You can contact me at

NYPENNNEWS@frontier.com

RL

Last edited:

Asgar

RL,
Thank you for the quick reply!.. Looks like this will be a fun event. I hope to convoy up Friday with the kid in my M1008 (I guess leave the M101a2 behind for this one).
JW

jatonka

Hey, looks like we are picking up some Connecticut Yankees!!!!!!!!!! 2 trucks on board so far, looking for the rest of the COMVEC people to ride over with us. The 10th Mountain guys are taking us on some trail rides out in the back 65,000acres to show us the Lost Villages and a bunch of blown up stuff. Kind of gets me all tingly thinking about it. Now if we could just get Papa bear and some of the Southern crew here life would be complete. JT out

rlwm211

Here is the final timetable for the convoy and the Fort Drum event. Please feel free to contact me for further information and any other questions you have and I will try to answer them.

You can contact Chris Crawford Directly for further information about the event and her email is on the facebook page I have a link to in the PDF file I am attaching.

This is shaping up to be a really great event and we will all have a great time I am sure.

See you there!

RL

Attachments

Punisher666

Sounds like a good run, i live about 5-10 minutes from adirondack dodge and should be able to take the ride up with the deuce. Looking forward to the trail tours and the rest of the activities. See everyone at Fred's!!

rlwm211

I got word from the folks at Fort Drum that the trail ride through the training areas and the lost villages will start at 1700 Saturday Afternoon. Additionally it could take a couple of hours.

Anyone coming who can accommodate some CAP cadets who want to ride along let me know so I can assure the base staff that we will be able to take care of this. These kids are volunteering for the weekend to keep things clean and direct parking and whatever else needs to be done and we should take care of them in return.

10 days to the convoys!!!!![thumbzup]

RL

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
passports revoked

Hey, looks like we are picking up some Connecticut Yankees!!!!!!!!!! 2 trucks on board so far, looking for the rest of the COMVEC people to ride over with us. The 10th Mountain guys are taking us on some trail rides out in the back 65,000acres to show us the Lost Villages and a bunch of blown up stuff. Kind of gets me all tingly thinking about it. Now if we could just get Papa bear and some of the Southern crew here life would be complete. JT out

JT...after the PA Gathering us Southern Fellers got our Northern States passports revoked!:roll:

We are not allowed North of Kentucky!rofl

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

On the trailride, if I get bob to drive the tractor can I ride in the back ?[thumbzup] I promiss I'll behave:cookoo:

Srjeeper

Now if we could just get Papa bear and some of the Southern crew here life would be complete. JT out

JT, ya forgot to tell him about the 'All you eat' free cookies, RCA cola, Moon Pies, plus the biscuts & Gravy breakfasts they're given everybody. :roll: