• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak, over top of turbo, what is it?

3dAngus

does anyone know what kind of fuel line was used,the previous owner stripped it off of mine?
The fuel line is the same as the one on top of your injectors, where all the injectors have one line tying in the six cylinders, all with different connection points. There was a "tee" connection between (I believe) cylinder 3 and 4, and the third leg of the tee had a line of same material that went across the top of the engine over to the flame nozzle. The first time I tried plugging the lines, I got some rubbery fuel line recommended from O'Reillies. When I put it on, it twisted like a prezel. I recommend a semi firm line and when tighting it from both ends of a injector line, tighten one side a quarter to half turn, then do the other side the same, back and forth, and this will help eliminate twisting as you tighten the nuts on the fuel lines at each end. ie. don't completely put one end on tight, they work the other.

JCKnife

Holy cow, you are lucky. I still can't get mine apart for the world.

Why bother taking the whole elbow off? I don't see any benefit to that.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is easier to remove the elbow.

3dAngus

Great video Heavysteven. I loved it. What did you shoot it with. Clear pictures!

(Yes, you don't need to remove the big tube though)

I'm gonna add to your rep power for that one. Good show.

deuceaid

Banned
I wish parts would " JUMP" off of my truck like that when I try to take stuff off..lol...just like a cooking show---let me put this in the oven and oh look what we already made!!!

dutchguy

Makes me feel better, you found the same spring and ball setup inside the end that the nozzle screws into. I've got my "O" rings, will reassemble tonight, I hope. Wish I could find those little fiber filters that are under the compression fittings.....mine were filthy dirty. Cleaned them up as best I could. Been working on a wood flooring project for several days now :sad:, but it's done.;-)

deathrowdave

Destroyed 2 of them trying to get the apart . Got a third one apart only to determine they were Sqare cut rings instaed of orings . McMaster Carr for replacement. New rings still leaked !!! Replaced with new nozzle it leaked straight through filling the crankcase with fuel !!! Addded a solenoid valve to inlet works great now !!! Check new nozzle for leaks into crancase before installing it !!!

goosewcs

I had the same issue with my M35, it was leaking at the manifold heater, right where the 2 lins go in there is a little drain hole that the diaphram goes bad in, espicially when u run Oil then go back to diesel for the winter. I by passed it, installed a either start and it runs fine without it ! The Manifold heater is available by Memphis Equipment for 61 dollars.

Heavysteven

So you can't just buy one square o ring. Parts to fix $30 plus.
What am I not seeing?
4061T115 #010 Square Buna-N O-Rings
4061T119 #014 Square Buna-N O-Rings
99142A370 5/8" Internal Retaining Ring.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks