• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fuel leak, over top of turbo, what is it?

deathrowdave

My new one was purchased from Memphis. Check with air pressure before installing . Mine leaked straight through filling the crankcase with fuel !!!!

deathrowdave

New design . No o rings to leak !!! Just be sure to check with air pressure before installing , my NEW design leaked straight through . This will fill the crankcase with fuel !!!

Heavysteven

Well, I am little frustrated at the fact the compression fittings are not included. Also, with both reducers I installed I will have to extend the fuel line or get a 1/4" threaded 90. Then find a 1/8 female comp thread by 1/4" ntp. Maybe I'll get lucky at Lowes. I am kicking myself for leaving the old nozzle in Buford and not ordering the square o-rings.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see external leakage.

Is it just the fuel line fittings leaking?

Since your in GA, I'd simply remove the flame heater(costs about $5).

Heavysteven

Thanks for the tip, I checked and It's the injector. Here is a video showing the problem I ran into

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9xHolOZzZU&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

Last edited:

JasonS

So is is luck of the draw or do all of the new flame heater injectors lead? The very early flame heater systems had solenoid valves; are these "new" injectors designed for the early engines?

deathrowdave

Mine was leaking through from the return line which has slight pressure when the engine is running . I installed a check valve on the return side and a solenoid valve on the pressure inlet side to be sure to control the leaking . It now works fine. New valve design is great with no o rings but sucks that it leaks through !!! [thumbzup]

Bigred77

my heater was leaking also, i plugged off the lines to the heater and then developed a internal fuel leak into the crankcase. so then i ran the pressure line from the pump into the return line on the injectors. still have a major leak. any ideas?

deathrowdave

Just plug or cap both return and pressure line at the heater if U don't need to use it. U may be leaking at the FTD . Search bypassing the FTC and read posts on bypassing it .

Clay James

Mine just started leaking too. Good thing I decided to start it and look at the engine running just for the heck of it. I didn't notice anything when I drove it a few days before. I may just cap it at the IP and probably just remove the whole setup since I've never had to use it in CA. It seems like more trouble than it's worth for something I never use.

JasonS

Mine was leaking through from the return line which has slight pressure when the engine is running . I installed a check valve on the return side and a solenoid valve on the pressure inlet side to be sure to control the leaking . It now works fine. New valve design is great with no o rings but sucks that it leaks through !!! [thumbzup]
The "LDS465-1 Troubleshooting Manual" shows the same hexagonal flame heater nozzle in a flame heater system with the solenoids. I suspect that it needs the solenoid to not leak.

dutchguy

What did you use for a solenoid valve? I want to keep my flame heater working, I use it here in Michigan. I rebuilt my original style nozzle a month or so ago, but I suspect a leak. I've got stuff leaking out at the joint between the intake manifold and the head, and running down the block. Still don't see how this thing can fill the crankcase, any fuel is leaking into the intake manifold, yes? If the engine is running, it should be pulled into the cylinders, correct?

deathrowdave

I used a 24 volt solenoid 1/8 inch NPT on the discharge ( Small Tube ) and check valve in the return side ( Large Tube ) 1/4 inch NPT. These can both be found on Egay !!!

peashooter

I used a 24 volt solenoid 1/8 inch NPT on the discharge ( Small Tube ) and check valve in the return side ( Large Tube ) 1/4 inch NPT. These can both be found on Egay !!!
deathrowdave, any chance you can put a picture up of your setup?

Afterbeing unable to get the cap out of the rear of the original flame heater (until I got mad and drilled it then pulled it out with an easy out) I finally bought a new style one from Memphis and believe it must be leaking through also. I like the valve idea and would love to see what your set up looks like.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks