• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FYI!!! HEMTT rims....

vinny-socom1

I'm glad I'm running the super single rims on mine with no lug/stud issues. I've got all of the bud caps and lugs from both of my trucks if someone wants to buy them PM me an offer. Vinny

jeep thing

are they the same size studs as a 2.5 ton,if so a buddy got me some that fit 2.5 ton just they were 3/4" to 1" longer,he did not get through milatary, and it cost me 250.00 for enough them for my jeep centers,but if your stuck there is a way to fix problem

yeager1

Use threadlocker on the budcap-to-hub. You won't need to be removing them anymore anyway. If you don't and you try to remove the wheel, some lugnuts may break loose and some caps may break loose (with the lugnut still tight on the cap-clamping the rim to the cap). Could be a real PITA.

406 YJ

Dang, where did you get all those?
My shipping rates are Killer if you know of anyone looking for them. They are new. I am a vendor on Pirate4x4

As for the other post. I wondered who bought all of them too. I was going to recenter them and score some pvc for inserts to make them double beadlocks like the H1's that I sell but I have enough work right now so I'm just going to turn them.

Scout

Isn't there a stength/safety sacrifice using this method? The recess in the hub is not deep enough for the budd cap "lip" to fully recess into, and is now a spacer between the mounting flange and the rim. The rim is not pressed against (and fully supported by) the hub flange. I could see where machining off the tapered lip at the base of the budd cap would take care of that issue.

acesneights1

I know this is old but I am at this point. Is it best to machine the buddy caps because to me that seems like as much work to change to the proper studs since I have to pull all my hubs anyway for wheel cyl sand a repack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks