• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA MVPA Spring Rally Cleveland/Helen GA 7-8 May 2010

hopkins92

From Knox Herndon:

Here is information regarding our GA MVPA Spring Rally at Cleveland / Helen Georgia 7& 8 May in the beautiful North Georgia Mountains. We are being hosted by Mountain Lakes Resort between Helen and Cleveland. It is 6 miles from Helen and about 7 from Cleveland on HWY 75 ALT. Mountain Lakes Resort Helen Ga.

If you ever wanted to take your family to a rally this would be a good one to do so. (See activities listed on their site). They have offered us free space for our Rally and are allowing us to use the MEMBERS RATES for family and duplex cabin rental if needed. Telephone number for Special Rates lodging is 1-706-865-5254.
Mountain Lakes Resort Cabin Rentals

There are camper hookups and motor home rates also. There are areas for trail rides for our vehicles and food prepared by a 60"s diner. There is also horseback riding if you make reservations for it.

DIRECTIONS Mountain Lakes Resort Helen Ga.

ACTIVITIES FOR MV OWNERS AND THEIR FAMILIES: see our GA MVPA FLYER under Spring Activities Mountain Lakes Resort Helen Georgia

Short video but only touches a few of the activities
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EfvP3IDQBg[/media]
Blessings, Knox Herndon ><>
Cell 678-665-3623
khern2365@aol.com

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
We'll be there. Probably bringing the Jeep and the Mule.

:jumpin:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Confirm that the rally is on Friday and Saturday?
Is trail ride and such on Friday (tough for working persons) or Saturday?
Do these people realize that some of us like to trail ride with items larger than a Jeep?

We are planning to be there but please give us some more info.

Mark

Capt.Marion

From what I heard at the last meeting, it sounds like the trail rides really aren't geared towards us M-series guys... more for the jeeps and that size.

I'll take better notes this Saturday at the meeting so everybody gets on the same page.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Marion, find out if we can take Mules on the trail rides.

Gracias.

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mules, mules, who rides a mule............ If big iron won't work I am up for taking the mule.
Any info on how long the trail or ride may be? What days might the ride(s) be?

Capt.Marion

Alrighty... I have some answers.

The rally is 7 and 8 May, that is, Friday and Saturday. There is no set schedule for trail rides; they're going to be playing that by ear based on the attendees. The trail ride is most likely going to be on Saturday. From the last time they were up there, the trails are plenty big for the big trucks (Deuces and 5 tons). Regardless, they will make it work for whoever shows up, so Mules, Jeeps, CUCVs, etc, all are welcome.

Last edited:

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please clarify the date issue.
If Mules are good, will we have to transport them to the trail start of is that within the campus of the resort?

Capt.Marion

MAJOR apologies

7 and 8 May, FRIDAY AND SATURDAY.

Thanks for pointing that out. My post has been edited to reflect the correct days.

Squirt- If I'm not mistaken, the trails are either on the campus of the resort, or begin still in the resort. I will double check.

Jimma

Spring Rally

I have never been to an event like this before and was thinking about bringing my family and my 71 M35A2. I live less than an hours drive away from Cleveland and Helen. What should we expect and what are the provisions for food and meals? Any help or information would be appreciated.:jumpin:

Capt.Marion

There are three possibilities for trail rides, as per Knox Herndon (who is organizing the rides, most likely):

1.A short trail ride through the park 1 mile
2. A 6 mile trail ride into downtown Helen from the park (Knox's pick)
3. A a two mile trail ride behind the Chatahooche River on the way to or from Helen, then back to the park 4 miles.

Attached is the "official" flyer.

Jimma- in the rally area there will be a food both/ concession stand. There is also a full service diner at the resort.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks