• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ga TOOOOOOOOOO WI

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Talked to Ron. He is in LaSalle, IL. 289 miles to my brothers place. He is stopped for the night. Truck is running good minor clutch slippage from oil.[thumbzup]

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not bad for a antique.

I meant the truck, not Ron.;-)

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Troy and I plan to roll into your place around 09:00hrs Wednesday the 4th hndersonj.:roll:

We would like to begin loading immediately and roll out ASAP so we can get as far as possible as soon as possible.[thumbzup]

This will be a "turn and burn" mission for us cause we don't wanna get frost bite up thar in the Artic regions!!rofl

Attachments

joeM62

If I wasn't working Wensday I would drop by twrights and lend a hand moving the tractor and m37 to his shop for papabear to pickup.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Troy and I plan to roll into your place around 09:00hrs Wednesday the 4th hndersonj.:roll:

We would like to begin loading immediately and roll out ASAP so we can get as far as possible as soon as possible.[thumbzup]

This will be a "turn and burn" mission for us cause we don't wanna get frost bite up thar in the Artic regions!!rofl
Larry, you can't get frost bite when it's 38 degrees. We'll be staged and ready at 0900.:grd:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did I miss the answer on how he is getting back home?

Seems like a long walk.
Walking, I hadn't thought of that...... Really, it all depends on the truck. It is currently slipping a bit due to a small rear main leak. Ron is cleaning it tonight. Tomorrow will be the key as to what happens with Ron. He is either returning to GA with PB, or flying back from SD or WY. At the moment, totally up in the air......:doh:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron is a good choice, a good man. I wish him well. He has done me a favor or two in the past.
Yeah, He called me first at 0730. Before we hung up, he said it is a special man who gives up his truck and hands over 1K in cash to someone to go on a trip. I just realized, I am not sure where my truck actually is and even if I have any money left???????aua

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where's Ron?

We had some snowflakes in the air when was working on the M105 up here in Wisconsin. How far did Ron Get today? What time will he be here Tuesday?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had some snowflakes in the air when was working on the M105 up here in Wisconsin. How far did Ron Get today? What time will he be here Tuesday?
I am guessing between 12 and 01. If PB ask's, say it's 70 degrees there.:cool:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Snow????

Whatta ya mean snow???
Maybe we better put this thing off a few months.:roll:

If I get snowed in up there I'm gonna raise so much heii global warming will seem like the ice age!!

You're kidding....right??...HUH??

Attachments

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tuesday

LaSalle Il. 289 miles from here. Got it! How much $ at the Illinois toll booths?
I'm working Tues and Wed 5p-5a and have a half shift Fri night. I took off the rest to Monday. I can't take him to supper, but I'll get him to Mike's for breakfast Wed. If he gets here early enough Tuesday, maybe I can take him to lunch?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LaSalle Il. 289 miles from here. Got it! How much $ at the Illinois toll booths?
I'm working Tues and Wed 5p-5a and have a half shift Fri night. I took off the rest to Monday. I can't take him to supper, but I'll get him to Mike's for breakfast Wed. If he gets here early enough Tuesday, maybe I can take him to lunch?
He knows you get off at 5am, lunch (1230-1300ish) should work. call me then so we can get plan #59 in the works.[thumbzup]

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
frost

No snow on the ground. Just a few flakes in the air. I'm not kidding. It is supposed to be a low of 29 degrees in the morning. Does he have a windshield scraper? Is this one of those southern rag topped trucks without a heater? LOL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No snow on the ground. Just a few flakes in the air. I'm not kidding. It is supposed to be a low of 29 degrees in the morning. Does he have a windshield scraper? Is this one of those southern rag topped trucks without a heater? LOL

You keep talking like that, I will have 3 trucks on the side of the road, mid-IL.:roll:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks