• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ga TOOOOOOOOOO WI

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
glad that you made it out into the wild unknown and have come out on top. ron is a super trooper to help out another member.. even if he is a beach comber from way back.. now lets see some more pics :jumpin:[thumbzup]

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Sorry, no pics, only saw one Private MV a 2door sand hmmwv & green camo 101 on the I 90, 2 new 983s on low beds, and about 12 new tractors pulling new double stacked 872s. the tractors were different from 916, thay were 6x6, with a nose sorta like the new international but didn't look int.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the M48 and M59 are dropped and ready for their temporary home. Dropside is running great, no leaks and no slippage. I am pretty sure it had a little extra oil in it. Doesn't drip a drop now. Drove it all afternoon. Big thanks to Larry, Troy, Ron, Dan, Tony, Gene, and Joe for all the help. PB and crew rolled out early afternoon, they should be just over halfway back. Gene, Carol, Wendi, Chester, and I head out for the second leg to WY Saturday morning. Taking the dropside as I think it would be empty by the time we got back to get it if I didn't. (somehow, my towbar is staying here). Anyway, more to follow later.[thumbzup]

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tow bar..... What tow bar?

I met a lot of really nice people in the last couple days. I'm impressed with everyone. I have to say the best part was seeing everyone in knit hats and scarfs all bundled up while Jim and I were in t-shirts driving around with the windows down. That cracks me up. Wish I had a camera!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
PB,
Did a map quest mileage check on our modified route in search of CAMOED MVs, It was about 30 miles, unfortunately no CAMOED MVs were spotted due to the high quality of the CAMO JOB done by there owners.

Got back this morning, we did a straight though , THANK YOU JIM for letting me be part of this adventure, it was a thrill and fun to do the trip (700 miles the first day, 300 the second), you have a SUPER running truck.
The m37 is still here, maybe after It gets brakes ?????????????

When Jim and PB finally got to the TEMP LZ, it appears that the deuce got the BEST mileage and PB got the worse

Anybody need a driver, I seem to be available

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Troy and I got back to Columbus around 13:30 (I think).:roll:

Ron, I wasn't gonna tell anyone you got Troy lost...but since you did....roflroflroflrofl

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Oh...and I forgot.

Maccus and I were supposed to have an "cantankerous ole coot" contest when we met.
Well...we met, but mission and time constraints prevented us from "mixing it up".
I hereby concede to maccus!! He is THE cantankerous ole coot!!:jumpin:

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Ron, I wasn't gonna tell anyone you got Troy lost...but since you did....roflroflroflrofl
NOT lost, never, we KNEW where we were at ALL TIMES you were the one that seemed CONFUSED, as I said above, we were LOOKING for CAMOED MVs, I must say again, the owners of said veichles did a out standing job on the CAMOING because none was SPOTTED

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well we are in Chamberlin, SD. About 240 miles from MACCUS's place. Dropside is running great, we will be there around noon tomorrow.[thumbzup]

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove all day with the windows down and wearing shorts and a T-shirt, no snow here.[thumbzup]

hendersond

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Shorts... I think it is time. It was in the 70s today. I sweat so much today I had to change shirts. It was the worst when I was moving Gene's bomb hoist out of the front yard. I showed the kids some pictures of how it works. Now they are eyeballin' the LP tank.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Arriced at MACCUS's place around noon today. Just looking at the toys. Will do the last 240 miles tomorrow!:driver:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trip is complete. We are in Cheyenne. Had to drop into 2nd going over the hills by Mt Rushmore. Truck runs great. Thanks to all that helped especially PB and MACCUS![thumbzup]

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Fine then...don't tell about the blown trailer tire 2 miles from home, or the deuce that had to be roll started when ya went to rescue Wendy....but how would an ole grunt in GA know all that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks