• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GETT 23kw 120000btu - Applied Companies

Billy2642

If you don't have voltage to the actuator the engine cannot run. Actuator is the fuel solenoid. It retracts with voltage so the fuel rail can move open. That's why if you remove the actuator the fuel rail will move full left and it will run. The system varies the voltage to the actuator to control engine speed.
i just ordered a new speed control box so hopefully that will fix my problem. Since I get voltage all the way to the box when it's on cold start but not when it's on normal, to me that says there isn't a short of some sort to the actuator. All the relays are good and the actuator works when it gets voltage so in my pea sized brain, it seems to make sense that that speed control box is the issue. I hope I didn't just waste $250 for nothing.

Billy2642

If you don't have voltage to the actuator the engine cannot run. Actuator is the fuel solenoid. It retracts with voltage so the fuel rail can move open. That's why if you remove the actuator the fuel rail will move full left and it will run. The system varies the voltage to the actuator to control engine speed.
Heres what I found for the speed box. So in the troubleshooting on steps 12 of that document, I'm getting way over 2vdc while cranking for step 4 and I'm only getting 9.65 vdc for step 3 while cranking

Attachments

Billy2642

I'm at the point of frustration now with this thing. Changed the speed control box and no change. Anyone have an idea of where to go from here?

carc383

heater not working

I ran unit a few months ago and everything was fine yesterday I tried to crank up heater and nothing any ideas when i ran it last i could smell the lint burning off elements like a heater smells for the first time in winter but this time nothing

therooster2001

I ran unit a few months ago and everything was fine yesterday I tried to crank up heater and nothing any ideas when i ran it last i could smell the lint burning off elements like a heater smells for the first time in winter but this time nothing
Well check the obvious stuff first.

Is it getting power? Is the generator generating? It has a switch inside and at the HVAC as well as a breaker at the panel.
Is it on heat? or AC? Is the gauge on heat?
Check the load, with the heater on, mine takes 30% (from memory) across the generator.
Did the wire break? Think of it like a toaster, if it breaks, nothing.

Give us a bit more. Usually its a breaker not switched.

carc383

i have power on all coils .I checked on meter but the two outer coils have more voltage than the inner ones . I took the top panel off to take a look inside and ran it without top so no air was blowing across coils. There was a little orange around the ceramic holders but not a bunch when I ran it with cover put back on couldn't see orange in coils. Breakers are on running on generator power and i have it on heat and on thermostat moved it from one side to other. Is the coils supposed to get orange like a toaster all over?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The electric heater isn't enough to overcome fridgid temps. They are probably getting hot. If you have air closed circuit recirculating thru a tent eventually it will start to warm it. It won't take in cold outside air and blow it out hot.

therooster2001

Fired up the generator after 5 MONTHS of sitting. I neglected to plug in the battery charger, but the batteries were at 12.4 and 11.8, which was enough to get it done. Gen fired off, and I tested out heat and AC. I replaced a fuse in the battery charger and ensured they worked. My red top Optima's handled it great. Going to check on them in a day or so to be sure they aren't boiling away, but in the 2 hours they were on charger, no issue. I think I got lucky. Also got my replacement support leg on it. I am doing surgery on the old leg, it was banged by some hammer and dimpled the metal making it hard to extend. I also tightened up the fan belt, it was flapping around. I think I will need to replace as it's at the end of it's tightening travel. Good day!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks