• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Deuces on hold again 2' to TSC?

Flyingvan911

The impression I get from a few threads is the only penalty for refusing to return a truck is you can't by from GL anymore. If they need it so bad, why'd they sell it in the first place?

Motorcar

Have seen a number of gauges being pulled out of the trucks for sale at Fort Sam Houston of late, actually saw a two man camo crew with the equipment testing one day while I was there checking on my purchase.

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The impression I get from a few threads is the only penalty for refusing to return a truck is you can't by from GL anymore. If they need it so bad, why'd they sell it in the first place?
The only penalty from GL is you lose the ability to buy again -

however, don't forget it's the gov looking to get their stuff back. There will be OTHER penalties.

GL is NOT the government (though they try to act like it), just a middle man. If GL is asking to get something back, it's because they were told to do it.

KsM715

When I went up to check out my truck at Ft. Riley I noticed a lot of truck sitting in GL's lot. I was wondering why they haven't been put up for auction. I hope they don't try to send my truck with the rest. I hope the EUC clears soon.

Ft Riley always has alot of trucks sitting there on FMS freeze. Ive seen some sit there for close to a year. I saw 2 wreckers come in from Nebraska NG, sit there for 2 months only to be picked up and trucked off to somewhere else. There are a few trucks there I have my eye on and I check GL regularly to see if they get listed.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So how many people here have PERSONALLY had a truck put on a TSC hold in the past? Not a friend, or a guy you read about but YOU?

And what was the outcome?

wsucougarx

Well, I just got back from FT Lewis GL and it has to do with the demil coding once again. Looks like DRMO is not doing their job in inspecting these truck and getting them ready for GL. GL at FT lewis is clueless as to what the issue is again. They recv'd an email last week stating this whole issue would be resolved in a couple days...well those days have passed. GL FT Lewis has not had any other correspondance but word has it, it may be a few weeks:shock:. We'll see. My truck is a previous FMS Freeze truck but apparently it expired as it has sat on the DRMO side for almost 2 years now.

AceHigh

So how many people here have PERSONALLY had a truck put on a TSC hold in the past? Not a friend, or a guy you read about but YOU?

And what was the outcome?
My wife's truck was in the Frankfort hold, I think it was over gauges not TSC.

Here is the email we got!

Dear Valued Customer,​
The DRMS has just notified Government Liquidation that select vehicles sold through Government Liquidation auctions are currently on hold until an inspection of each vehicle has been conducted. A list of affected vehicles is posted below for your reference.​
More information will be provided as soon as it becomes available.​
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact Government Liquidation's Customer Service at info@govliquidation.com.​
We appreciate your attention.
Sincerely,
Government Liquidation, LLC
The outcome was an approved EUC a few weeks later and success!

Last edited:

jsriolo

Is this why so few vehicles have gone up for auction lately? It seems like there were always ~200 listed a few months ago but I haven't been in this long enough to know if that was normal. How long does it take for something like this to be resolved? Will a bunch be up for auction again?

wsucougarx

the surge of deuces comes and goes. Presently there are a bunch on auction. Hopefully since we went through this song and dance last year, it won't take as long this next go around. Oh well, I waited nearly two years for the truck I just won...literally I did. I can wait a few more weeks to pick her up. Might be a little tougher now I have a paid out a few thousand dollars however and it's just sitting there on base.

markmontana

They just pulled/cancelled a group of M35A2 and A3 trucks at Clearfield (Hill AFB) that were scheduled for sale next week. Even did my due diligence (preview) on them- that was a big waste of time...

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also noticed on the last two trucks I got out of SC, written on the door "NO RA226". Guess they were checked for radiation.

nw42

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I won a truck in event 5132, sent my EUC form via Fedex and it was sent to BC two days later and I had an approved paid in full invoice the same week. I did find the approvel speed very strange and inquired about it with the site manager when I scheduled a pickup.As it turns out when GL called to inform me of the hold it was the same time that my shipper was supposed to be there hauling it out, complicating matters to say the least. The GL rep seemed to indicate the problem was the TSC had not done the checks required for the EUC. I don't know how that happened but the problem per the rep is in the EUC process and not with selling the trucks.

wsucougarx

OK thanks for the heads up NW42. So it appears the proper checks were not performed at Battle Creek with the recently approved EUC's? I assume now that the problem has been found, all EUC's from here on out and going to be performed correctly? I assume all EUC's from here on out are going to be back on track with record EUC approvals....I can only hope:)
Great to hear the issue is not the selling of the trucks. I know my truck doesn't have the radium gauges. However the M109A3 parked next to mine apparently had the said gauges as the entire gauge panel is gone:-( Lonny at GL raised some heck with DRMO.
Hopefully next week should help shed some light on what's going on. I'm going to contact JBLM GL and GL themselves to see if they can shed some light on this Monday.

Last edited:

wsucougarx

OK just got off chat with Heidi at GL. The issue is NOT THE TRUCKS!!!! Whew, rather just as nw42 said. TSC prematurely approved EUC's before they were officially approved. Here's a copy of the chat w/GL:
Heidi:[SIZE=+0] Welcome to our live chat service! How may I assist you?[/SIZE]
Mike: Good morning! I was at FT Lewis GL last week inquiring about the M109A3 I had just won on Thursday. They told me there may be a delay in picking up my truck because the 2.5 ton trucks are on HOLD. FT Lewis GL was not told why they were on hold. Do you have any info on this?
Mike: Is this another Radium Gauge check?
Mike: Did TSC not check the past EUC's correctly on the last couple auctions?
Heidi:[SIZE=+0] Yes, unfortunately, some customers were prematurely given EUC approval when the EUC was not quite approved.[/SIZE]
Heidi:[SIZE=+0] Please allow time for that official approval to be given. You will be notified when that happens.[/SIZE]
Mike: Whew, well that's good news to me...I thought the Feds were pulling the trucks. Thanks Heidi you are always a pleasure to chat with. You always have an answer:) Have an outstanding and blessed day
Heidi:[SIZE=+0] No, you should be given that approval soon and an update as well. And thank you. My pleasure![/SIZE]
Heidi:[SIZE=+0] Thank you for chatting! Please contact us again if you have any further questions.[/SIZE]
Mike: ty

south101

I was issued a "paid in full" last week for my Duece but when I contacted the site rep I was told that it was on hold because they needed to have a crew come out and check to see if the gages contained the radium illumination paint. So, I guess that is the issue. We are just wainting for them to be cleared or the instrument panel to be pulled.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks