• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Glow plug life span?

Skinny

I wonder if there was a possible bad batch of plugs and you went through a bunch of them. You may also have a bad controller or temp sensor. Does the voltmeter indicate the GP's staying on for a long time?

I have gone through and replaced the injection pump, fuel system, and new GP's. It fires with just blipping the key. Granted it isn't sub freezing outside yet but properly working systems should not leave you stranded or burning up GP's all the time. I would spend some more time diagnosing this problem. Could the GP solenoid be sticking on?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks