• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my deuce

bjsmith

bobbing the deuce and paint

was asked to start new thread by a couple people on here so here it is i picked it up from member on here couple days ago
here its is when i got it

Attachments

Last edited:

bjsmith

took the outer duals off one side today ans started to try and break them down turns out its a lil harder than i thought

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
took the outer duals off one side today ans started to try and break them down turns out its a lil harder than i thought
Breaking them down is an aquired skill........one that I have but seldom use anymore.

If you can find a shop that will do it for 25 bucks or so each it is money well spent.

There are threads on here that give tips on how to do it but it is still a very labor intensive job.

This is especially true if you are going to mount those big tires on the stock rims (not recommended).

IMHO you would be better served to spend the money for HEMMT rims and adaptors.

bjsmith

i know it not recommended to put those tires on stock rims but seen many on here do it with no problems but for now i dont have the extra cash for new wheels. i have read a few threads on dismound and watched couple videos, im going to try again tomorrow one the other tire i have off and if i cant get it im goimg to find someone to do it

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
We just got in a large number of new HEMMT wheels if you're looking to go down that path.

MO MV man

Oh man......HEMTT wheels for sure.
That's a scary huge tire to put on a stock Deuce rim.

I know, I know......they can add up rather fast but OH are they easier to mount tires on and the look/fit is second to none.

I mounted all my 395/85R20's in my garage by myself. Yours are bigger but the HEMTT rims make it much easier and SAFER.

bjsmith

wish i had the money to buy new rims but im on a tight budget doing the truck. i got the tires off rims today and once i got the first off wasnt that bad took me about a hour and a half to get all four off but after first the other three went pretty easy. and so far i have 4 tires up for sale if anyone needs some pm me 2 are about 85-90% and 2 about 50%

Attachments

MrM4

If you can do the work yourself to save money thats great, somewhere down the road when cash permits you might want to think hard about HEMMTT or 5 ton Rims. But I know I have read about alot of guys who get by on stock rims without issue.

bjsmith

i plan on one day getting recentered wheels i think they look way better than the stock deuce wheels. but i also have more time than money and dont mind doing work

bjsmith

got lil more done. worked for 5 hrs straight on it by myself and got a few things done. went to home depot bought some electrical tubes to roll bed off and it almost fell of the side it was chained to fence post since i have no trees in my yard but i could push it off by hand if i wanted to

Attachments

bjsmith

thats almost how im doing mine i have ends cut a 45 just need to box ends like you did but all im notching is just enough far drive shaft also did you just bolt the frames together i read others suggesting bolting plates on outside of frame as well

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks