• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got my new deuce!

VBsurfer

The underside of Marine Corps 5-Tons and the SeaBees especially have the entire bottom of their trucks sprayed with something that looks and feels like silicon. I don't know for sure what it is, but everything - axles, transmissions, bottom of the motor and half way up the sides has that coating. Seems to work for them in salt water conditions.

Of course, if @HDN would print you something with his 3D printer, that would be easier if you need repairs later...
Yes that was in the post terminal area of this unit as well, felt and behaved a lot like silicone but I got most of it out just to see what was in there at least half of it was removed when they refurbished it.

VBsurfer

So I got a few shots in of the alternator i've included on this post to help visually. The model is a Leece-Neville a0013002ae or 3002AE for short. Can't find it on their website found this one on amazon. Now looking for a schematic that shows this. I can see the bridge piece that is missing on the amazon picture and the lead coming out of it. I found a post on here that has the same one and I asked him how he has it wired up. From the looks of it I am good with the exception of the male/femal plug on it.

Attachments

VBsurfer

Take a look in the TM I have attached. I think your alternator is on PDF page 7 of 18. There's a parts list with NSNs at the end of the manual too. Unfortunately the image quality isn't that great on my copy so you might have to try a few NSNs to find what you're looking for. If all else fails, take some measurements and get one 3D printed or something else.
Thank you for the diagram it is very close but not the same model, but it is a good reference wish it was higher res but hey beggars can't be choosers :).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks