• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got screwed on an m939.... crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

trukhead

In my young and Naive years, while working at a trucking company, I noticed a leak of coolant and the engine being low on oil 300 miles from home. I intalled 5 gallons of oil and untold coolant to the 290 cummins on the trip home. The boss chewed me out for the cracked oil pan and cracked head but they sent out the tractor like that so in one ear and out the other as far as I was concerned. Your 250 is a tough engine so I think you perhaps caught it in time so no real damage was done. Try plugging in a garden hose into the radiator cap and running water to it and starting up the engine to see how it runs for an hour or so and see if there is any water in the crankcase. If it don't smoke and the crankcase is clean, repair the damage and run it.:D

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the coolant tank was full, maybe the radiator was okay at that point. While driving it may have sprung a leak. Remember these trucks are almost 30 years old. No telling how well the PMCS where performed.

A take out radiator may have the same issues.

Artisan

If the coolant tank was full, maybe the radiator was okay at that point. While driving it may have sprung a leak. Remember these trucks are almost 30 years old. No telling how well the PMCS where performed.

A take out radiator may have the same issues.

Whats the name of that radiator shop in, is it Kansas? You see stickers
on these radiators from time to time w/ a sticker on them from this
shop that rebuilds 5ton radiators. I am sure you can send a radiator to them
and get a proper rebuild . Someone knows that name..

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Silverstate would know, he drove his deuce here, picked up his 931 from me, and drove it back home. No A/C in his.
LOL, no heater either and it seemed like I had more rain water in the cab than outside...I'm just glad that we didn't have to abandon ship! :mrgreen:

I have to admit, my upgraded Deuce seats made a HUUUUGE difference! 1700+ miles on the 931 stock seats tore me up...

Artisan

But it is about CDL SW and the OP even told the world he does not need one, page 1.

Not being able to educate guys who think they are above the law will surely
lead to HUGE issues for all of us down the road SW.

I was not confrontational, just the facts, seems counter productive boss.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, bias. Mention a CDL inspection is one thing, going off on yet another misinformation CDL rant is quite another.

ke5eua

Yes, bias. Mention a CDL inspection is one thing, going off on yet another misinformation CDL rant is quite another.
I provided a recent example of why having a cdl could provided worthy in the event of an accident especially to someone who believes he does not need one, not a rant. I stand by my comment that you deleted, you are showing bias against me not the reference to having a cdl.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with sw to mention cdl is fine once but when every other post is about cdl or the Tm's is just beating a guy with a dang cdl Tm stick.

Drew has already said this if it's just about cdls or tms then he can put those up with no interaction between people who sometimes because were able to talk meet new people and make new friends.

Dieselnatalie

My cents worth (Euro); Get the rad repaired, as they replace the core with new and only the top and bottom tanks remain. I speak as one of those who would be out with the grips and blank off the offending tubes....crimp and bend.

Carlo

My cents worth (Euro); Get the rad repaired, as they replace the core with new and only the top and bottom tanks remain. I speak as one of those who would be out with the grips and blank off the offending tubes....crimp and bend.
Seems like us Europeans prefer to repair instead of replace! It would have to be a walk through hole for me to starting thinking about replacing! Nice truck....

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I don't know about you were screwed rather that you had blinders on, I think you failed to research at all on this vehicle or what to expect for your money. I've never seen NDT's or an AC unit on a 923. These alone scream redneck rampage to me. Plain old 923's on GL go from 2000 to 3000, I got my 923 for just over 2K, 923A2 for just over 3K, 931A2 for less than 3K, all run and drive. Yes they all need little stuff. Hard lessons in life. I've had them too. I once paid 10K for an ABOVE GROUND POOL!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although the OP may or may not have gotten off on the wrong foot I believe the goal now is to get his truck running again. With A/C already installed it was probably worth the price of admission.

Like has already been said the best course is repair/replace radiator and check it out, paying particular attention to water in the oil and white sweet smelling smoke coming out the exhaust. One problem at a time.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, I got carried away. It's back. Since you asked a binary question it has one of two possible answers, yes or no.

Anything else becomes a CDL discussion.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I don't know about you were screwed rather that you had blinders on, I think you failed to research at all on this vehicle or what to expect for your money. I've never seen NDT's or an AC unit on a 923. These alone scream redneck rampage to me. Plain old 923's on GL go from 2000 to 3000, I got my 923 for just over 2K, 923A2 for just over 3K, 931A2 for less than 3K, all run and drive. Yes they all need little stuff. Hard lessons in life. I've had them too. I once paid 10K for an ABOVE GROUND POOL!
The original m939's had no abs and ndt tires. Many have come out of the long term storage at USMC Barstow with no abs and the ndt's on them. I have also seen tractors at shelby with ndt tires on them when they turned them in and I assume kept the g177's....and got rid of the junky tires.

plode

The local National Guard unit had a M923 on NDT's. I know because during Hurricane Sandy they rolled their truck over and took out a few telephone poles nearby. I went over to check it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks