• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

got screwed on an m939.... crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Over

The hazards of Craigslist. I'll tell them though I think they decided to wait and see what GL has now that stuff is dribbling in again.

kwest

azM35A2 I live in Camp Verde Az. and I feel your pain. If there is anything I can do to help please call me @ 1-928-254-1250 if your number is restricted leave a message and I will return your call. I have been taken advantage of just cause I am a trusting guy and I try to be as nice as I can....... "Nice guys finish last" Ken

azM35a2

ok thanks, they must not have been to serious anyways or they would have already been there to see it, i've pushed no one away, and have had no one look at it thusfar.

kwest, Thanks, it'll all get sorted out in the end i'm sure. things always do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Over

Just a thought but if you posted a pile of pics someone here may buy it. I know I ask for a zillion photos before I go possible waste gas on something that was a no go from the start OR my wallet starts twitching with bills that want out! When I do a M923 for sale search on Google it has brought me to SS more than once.

azM35a2

i don't want to post it for sale on here as that would be against the rules, only paying members may post for sale ad's. i was just mentioning my circumstances.

i also may consider trading it for a m35 thats ready to go, and cash

Sounds like with all your hard luck stories and CL discoveries, the small token fee's for membership her may go a long ways to solve some of your issues. This thread sounds allot like a want ad already:grin:

Over

I am kind of confused, 9 pages over a radiator, caged brakes and all sorts of advice how to fix it. Has anything at all been done to it since the first post on June 30th? I can almost guarantee that you won't recoup what you have in ($5,500+?) it without fixing it. Then you may even make money. And last but not least even though it was hard to find: membership is $15 and then you can post it for sale with pics etc. And really its costing nothing as the advice and offers of help you've received on this thread is priceless! My son's friend did ask and talk to you about it and you simply said the price is the price, and it isn't going down. With the radiator, brakes (probably not an issue) and needing a new set of tires I told him to wait and look around. I had just brought back a nice A2 for not much more. I would think if you don't want to fix it you have a very green paper weight.

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am kind of confused, 9 pages over a radiator, caged brakes and all sorts of advice how to fix it. Has anything at all been done to it since the first post on June 30th? I can almost guarantee that you won't recoup what you have in ($5,500+?) it without fixing it. Then you may even make money. And last but not least even though it was hard to find: membership is $15 and then you can post it for sale with pics etc. And really its costing nothing as the advice and offers of help you've received on this thread is priceless! My son's friend did ask and talk to you about it and you simply said the price is the price, and it isn't going down. With the radiator, brakes (probably not an issue) and needing a new set of tires I told him to wait and look around. I had just brought back a nice A2 for not much more. I would think if you don't want to fix it you have a very green paper weight.
Can I get a halaluea!

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You think you got screwed, not even close, back a few years ago, GL was selling complete mk48s (fpu/rpu), thank GOD WM smelled a rat (he has a pretty good rodent nose) , because what GL did NOT say was that the two units were not bolted together and NOT even close to each other (one unit was maybe in the same yard as the other half sometimes). the look on the truck drivers face when they came to load only to find out there load WAS in two parts, scattered here and there was worth the hassle of putting them together. WM and I made a decent amount of change remedying GLs lack of stating "complete mk48 BUT not together", some tried to get GL to pay to put them together, nope, did not happen, the buyers failed to preview, so it was on them. At least your truck was in ONE piece, it could have had one rear here, another rear there, a pile of parts in the bed, ect.

Last edited:

RAYZER

It does make sense that if someone can't jump into this truck and drive it home, their not going to want to give you anything but a reduced price.
In my opinion, pay the $15.00 to become a paid member so you can advertise the truck on here after you fix it.
Do you have a parts wanted add in the classifieds?

quickfarms

I do not think that you got screwed.

Was it a GL auction?

Any vehicle that I purchase at auction running of not is flatbeded to the shop. This is SOP.

If it has an engine you need to preview it or pay scrap price.

One truck that was bought as a runner had a bad radiator in it but we knew it from the preview.

One truck that I paid scrap price for only needed to have the radiator cleaned and cost less than $100.

The training to get a CDL should teach you how to do a proper pretrip inspection.

Last edited:

azM35a2

no it was not purchased from GL, it was registered and titled to the phoenix police, and unfortunately my "previewing from 1300 miles away" skillset is low.

if there were obvious calcium deposits/rust staining/paint bubbling/etc... where the leak occured, i would have noticed it prior to driving. there is not. should i have noticed the caged rear brakes? yes, but it was...130? 140?+ degree's in the sun, i just got back into the state the day prior after a 42hr drive, and realistically for what i paid, it should have been ready to go, i had 5 miles to travel and just wanted to get it done and get back in the a/c car. and if you've driven air brakes, while it's touchy with the rear caged, it's still fully brake-able, perhaps not recommended, but i was no danger to anyone as i never exceeded 30mph and kept a very large gap, aswell as had a follow vehicle obviously.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since your questions have been asked and answered AND this has turned in to a Classified Ad and it seems you don't want to pay the $15 membership, we are done here.

Closing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks