• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GP MTVR cab parts

HonezOUT

Is that a good price for one missing so much stuff? I sent them an inquiry and will call tomorrow. Anyone need a trailer haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junior0415

The last private one I saw on a Facebook group for sale was earlier this year in Florida and I believe it was in the mid 30s and the comments all said he was way selling it way to cheap. With that brief comparison I don't think the one in Georgia is horribly priced. There is also one at a car dealer in Indiana but its listed as a hmmwv (they obviously dont know what they have) and the price is considerably more. So comparing the 3 I've seen selling privately currently and recently I'd consider the one in Georgia not bad. Not knowing how long you've been looking or bidding on GP, if you're looking to compare whats sold look up mtvr but change the results to sold on GP and you can get a better idea of what they go for. I have been looking and bidding on these as well for 2 years but haven't found the right one or haven't been able to justify some of the prices considering the hidden unknowns or the added shipping cost. I believe thats also why the prices are all over the place on GP. What you're comfortable with i.e. how much of a project you want and how long you have to wait for paperwork and approvals from the government and having it on the road in maybe a year probably more or if you want to buy it privately and instantly have the paperwork and the ability to have it on the road in a couple weeks or months could also change what you want to pay. Research is key and the amount of knowledge on here and youtube that members have posted from their own experiences and issues is invaluable. There are no service manuals currently available so getting to know everything you possibly can will also help with which route you go and what you want to spend. Unless you have endless amounts of money to throw at one in which case you're my new best friend and we have some poor life decisions to make!

HonezOUT

The last private one I saw on a Facebook group for sale was earlier this year in Florida and I believe it was in the mid 30s and the comments all said he was way selling it way to cheap. With that brief comparison I don't think the one in Georgia is horribly priced. There is also one at a car dealer in Indiana but its listed as a hmmwv (they obviously dont know what they have) and the price is considerably more. So comparing the 3 I've seen selling privately currently and recently I'd consider the one in Georgia not bad. Not knowing how long you've been looking or bidding on GP, if you're looking to compare whats sold look up mtvr but change the results to sold on GP and you can get a better idea of what they go for. I have been looking and bidding on these as well for 2 years but haven't found the right one or haven't been able to justify some of the prices considering the hidden unknowns or the added shipping cost. I believe thats also why the prices are all over the place on GP. What you're comfortable with i.e. how much of a project you want and how long you have to wait for paperwork and approvals from the government and having it on the road in maybe a year probably more or if you want to buy it privately and instantly have the paperwork and the ability to have it on the road in a couple weeks or months could also change what you want to pay. Research is key and the amount of knowledge on here and youtube that members have posted from their own experiences and issues is invaluable. There are no service manuals currently available so getting to know everything you possibly can will also help with which route you go and what you want to spend. Unless you have endless amounts of money to throw at one in which case you're my new best friend and we have some poor life decisions to make!
I have been looking for a couple of years. They usually sell quick. Been bidding all of this year on ones that come up. I have looked at the sold columns in GP. Hard to justify high bidding when I have no clue what’s actually wrong with the truck even if it looks great. That one in Florida was for 35k and sold to a really big influencer/tv guy. One day it will work out hopefully.

HonezOUT

I have definitely been reading way to much on here. I have already watched all of the MTVR YouTube videos. And subscribed to them. I have been reading a lot in here too. Great place.

HonezOUT

I was able to get ag-pro on the phone. They sent me some pics of the engine and chassis. Not sure it’s worth 50k. I don’t know that it holds air. Some of those air brake cans/chambers look caged? Some look like those bolts in the middle are gone as well.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I was able to get ag-pro on the phone. They sent me some pics of the engine and chassis. Not sure it’s worth 50k. I don’t know that it holds air. Some of those air brake cans/chambers look caged? Some look like those bolts in the middle are gone as well.

If the truck doesn't run - there really isn't a choice. Gotta move it, gotta cage the brakes. There are trucks that are marked DNR (Does Not Run) and they might or might not run. It didn't run in the yard where ever the truck was "sidelined". The ones that are tested and start and run are posted that way on the auction sites. Just because the truck runs, it doesn't necessarily mean that the brakes work for example.

It's a gamble these days.
It isn't like you can go look and see...

Buy low and sell high hopefully.

HonezOUT

I get that. They said it runs and moves great though. And it’s at a dealer not at GP. But is 50K to much? it’s missing several things, and from what I can see needs some brake work.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I get that. They said it runs and moves great though. And it’s at a dealer not at GP. But is 50K to much? it’s missing several things, and from what I can see needs some brake work.

Well, the numbers that @simp5782 listed earlier and watching some parts being sold are definitely good (valid?). Good if you are selling. They can be good too if you need those parts - and you can't find them anywhere else. Oh, and by the way removing that stuff from a truck to sell it isn't an easy job either.

If you total it up, just the raw parts listed below totals to 45k. And then you have to assemble it and make it all work when the parts are in your yard.

Doors (2pcs) 10k
Roof (Upper Cab) 5k

8k for the cab without doors.
10k to 15k for a good engine cause it has low Miles.
8k for the Allison Transmission and it's harness and computers
4k for a transfer case.

The dealer might be high, but maybe not. There are a lot of these trucks being released. Most of them have no doors or a roof. That makes the ones that do have those parts - and haven't been sitting in the rain for months - more valuable.

EDIT: (A couple hours later) Just so you know, I'm not trying to be an ass. I looked and waited and hoped and bid for what seemed like forever. I finally ended up with my Mk23 from an individual. He had another before the one that I got from him and is a pretty darn good mechanic. He makes a buck on what he does on a regular basis. I just happened to get mine before this latest release from the sandbox wars. Prices have steadily climbed since I bought mine and I have been thrilled with it. She is a hot rod compared to the other green machines I own. Eventually though, if you look long enough you will find what you want. I'm not an investor or a reseller. I just figure out if my wallet can support my habit, and go for it (or not).

Last edited:

HonezOUT

I really appreciate the replies and help. You can be an ass, I can handle it haha. I’m still learning. I have learned a ton reading through the forums and watching YouTube. I only ever drove them, and other people worked on them. It’s different when it’s yours and there is no one else to fix them for free so to speak haha. I appreciate all of the comments. My problem is trying to make up my mind I guess and then the trucks are gone. Maybe I will wait for a unicorn. I have seen a bunch of posts of people getting ones that can drive and just need some minor love to make a trip. I will keep bothering the experts on here haha.

HonezOUT

So maybe I am looking in the wrong places. I saw the GP and gov liquidation parts of the forum, but seems like everything is a year or two older. Is there anything where people discuss what’s up for auction and what it’s worth, what’s for sure wrong, etc?

HonezOUT

Not sure what I’m missing. The MTVR missing a drive shaft, trans bolts, and a ton of front end damage is going for over 23k. The MTVR missing coolant, oil filter etc is going for over 26k right now. I was told there were bad bids by someone in the area that works on them. Yet they are jumping up there. Is this common? Something I am missing about them? I am sorry, I know this post has gotten far off from the original subject.

Edit:
They both sold for 28k or more. I’m confused, the one sold for 15k last time but somehow came back. I guess I’m looking at these all wrong.

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Not sure what I’m missing. The MTVR missing a drive shaft, trans bolts, and a ton of front end damage is going for over 23k. The MTVR missing coolant, oil filter etc is going for over 26k right now. I was told there were bad bids by someone in the area that works on them. Yet they are jumping up there. Is this common? Something I am missing about them? I am sorry, I know this post has gotten far off from the original subject.

Edit:
They both sold for 28k or more. I’m confused, the one sold for 15k last time but somehow came back. I guess I’m looking at these all wrong.

Yes cause it's a parts game now. You realize a good running C12 can bring 15k by itself right?

Allison 4500 with the harness and controller is 8 to 10k.

Transfer case is worth 4k.

HonezOUT

I guess I’m only looking at it because I want one, not for parts. That sucks. They also have cabs and doors so add in some change for those too. Hopefully the one doesn’t get gutted for parts, it was really clean only issue was the unknowns of the engine. Back to waiting haha

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I guess I’m only looking at it because I want one, not for parts. That sucks. They also have cabs and doors so add in some change for those too. Hopefully the one doesn’t get gutted for parts, it was really clean only issue was the unknowns of the engine. Back to waiting haha

A pair of doors can bring 10k.

Top probably another 5 to 8k

Someone comes along and needs an axle or half shaft then they are gonna pay what you want for it really

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks