• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Ins. Limitation WOES!!!

OD_Coyote

Tascabe - There are several forms, a few of which I have listed below.
I hope this helps.

IL T0 02 11 89 Common Policy Declarations
IL T8 01 10 93 Forms: Endorsements and Schedule Numbers
IL T0 05 01 07 Common Policy Conditions-Washington

I just recently got my 1986 M35A2C insured with Travelers through Gulfway.

Last edited:

BEASTMASTER

i don't understand why no one will insure( ex )military vehicles. they are just a truck .(a used truck.) i don't know any ins. co. that insures you for people in the back ,even in parades. it is a big no-no. but i do it anyway. i pay $1500 a yr for ins. and $450 a yr for the plates. good ole ma.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had no problem getting Progressive to insure mine. It is licensed as a truck but not for commercial hauling. It is expensive but I have max liability and can use it every day, which I do.

FreightTrain

Banned
Problem lies with their rules.Technically they do NOT insure Military Vehicles pre their website.....now if you got in a wreck would Progressive come out and say,"Sorry,your not covered cause we don't insure military vehicles.Your policy is not valid"?

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They know exactly what the truck is and they chose to insure it. It isn't cheap, about $80 per month, and it has a really large cap, and is licensed as a truck, not an antique. I am not going by their website, but rather the policy that they issued.

TexAndy

Hm.

I tried gulfway before reading this thread. Said I wanted to use it to occaisionally haul some lumber, but mostly just for cruising around in. Not too often. Lady told me it was for parades and shows only.

Soooo... would someone in Texas who uses gulfway to insure their M35A2 mind showing us your policy, minus the personal details? I'd really like to read one of these policies for myself.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who did you talk to?I need to get with them.I tried going through a local agent and got no where.I need insurance.I am rolling uncovered.......
Uncovered is scary!

I used a local agent. The first Progressive agent I used was my regular one. She was worthless. So I called the one I had used previously who wanted my business back. Had me covered same day.

I told them it was a 1967 Kaiser Jeep 2.5 Ton Truck S/N xxxxx and what the gross weight it was licensed for. I requested $1 million in liability. I had to show proof that I had that large of policy before which I did. The cost was $80 per month. Expensive but worth it to me to be able to use the truck without restrictions or worries if the brakes go out and someone or something gets damaged.

If you want this type of coverage, Progressive is good. Call around to different agents. Don't tell them what the website says or that it is a surplus truck, you will just confuse them.

If you get a good agent they will figure out how to do it for you.

jim-m35a2

I emailed Gulfway to find out where my renewal policy was and they told me that Travelers is going to mail it to me. I got the policy from Travelers and sent them a check to their Hartford CT address. The policy is listed as "Business Auto Pol."

Jim
________
CHEAP VAPORIZOR

Last edited:

EdMontana

Does anybody have the Travelers form numbers or contact info for Travelers for the policy they are getting through Gulfway?
I contacted them directly year or so ago trying to eliminate the "middle man", they will only insure the Deuces using Gulfway as agent.

I have Gulfway (Travelers) Commercial Insurance for one M35A3 and one 5TON Dump Truck, it's under my company's name and no restrictions about the use in my policy, and that's all what matter for my Attorney...what one say in the phone is worthless.

I just got my new renewed policy last week and still the same, a few changes in verbiage only...funny is that they exclude from coverage if I hit my son or an employee with the truck BUT will cover and pay if I loose manuals or books for the truck...as well the time for research in obtain new ones.

Now, keep in mind that the Endorsements change accordingly with the States and Travelers may not insure in your State as they do in TN.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any CA Gulfway customers here?
I have Gulfway. I have historical plates on the Deuce here in Ohio and have had no problems but that doesn't mean a whole lot considering I have only had it out on the road twice in the last 6 months.

I usually only run it on the the farm.

steve

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who did you talk to?I need to get with them.I tried going through a local agent and got no where.I need insurance.I am rolling uncovered.......
Not sure this is something I would want posted on the internet for some sleeze lawyer to find after a minor traffic accident.

uoa

Does anybody have the Travelers form numbers or contact info for Travelers for the policy they are getting through Gulfway?

I have had two different brokers calling all over Travelers and cannot find anybody there that has a clue about the Commercial with Collectors Choice - or anything like it.

Local State Farm will only cover it as Commercial, Progressive who insures all my other vehicels won't touch it.

Also-
How does a guy with a big Ford dually get insurance? They have a GVW over 10k pounds
I have my big Ford F-450 dually insured with Allstate just like my Audi A4, its only $20 a year more or so. The difference is that my F-450 GVWR is 16,000lb and GCWR is 35,000lb but the GVW or actual unladen weight is less than 10k, full of fuel (110 gallons) it weighs 9,600lbs. That and the fact that its not a commercial vehicle because it is not used for commerce, actually, it costs me a **** load to drive it anywhere. An unladen deuce is over 10k, but still not used for commerce... beats me.

Jake0147

I contacted them directly year or so ago trying to eliminate the "middle man", they will only insure the Deuces using Gulfway as agent.
I emailed Gulfway to find out where my renewal policy was and they told me that Travelers is going to mail it to me.

I went through this. When the bill doesn't come, don't call Traveler's. Their people that answer the phone don't even know that they offer this insurance that Gulfway sells. Given their own policy number they can not even look it up.
Traveler's floated my renewal policy almost a month before the bill came for the renewal. (No lapse in coverage, just no bill). I spent hours trying to talk with Travelers. Then I called Gulfway, and in less than five minutes Sonya returned my call with all the information I needed including the estimated billing date and the fact that the policy would remain in force for a very generous grace period after I received said bill.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks