• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Ins. Limitation WOES!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently, Gulfway sent out a letter to customers stating that they will no longer be rewriting the insurance coverage policies for military vehicles. There was also a reference to Hagarty in the letter, but I don’t recall the specific wording.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Eric. I got the letter in June. Perhaps it was a wording issue but it sounded like an outside source was switching folks. Folks themselves should be the one changing insurance companies.

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats why I use StateFarm. $125 a year full coverage and I have not read "no hauling anything" in my statements.
WOW. I'm paying $300+ with State Farm in Idaho. 3 Vehicles and one home owners for liability only. Squeaky clean record. What's your secret?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question on this. Folks are talking about getting switched from Gulfway to Hagarty. Who is doing the switching? I thought Gulfway was the agent and Hagarty was the insurer? I know Gulfway used to peddle Travelers. I''m confused.
Bump. I still have the same question. Is Gulfway changing policies without notifications or permissions?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Gulfway ran out in December. They emailed me and said in Sept. that they are not going to carry me and Hagarty would pic me up if I wanted. Very easy transition for me and I feel for three trucks and a semi trailer price was fair.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bump. I still have the same question. Is Gulfway changing policies without notifications or permissions?
Gulfway is the agent, Travelers is the insurance company. Travelers is no longer offering the collector policies that cover ex-military vehicles (at least in Florida). The letter I received from Gulfway said that as of the expiration date, my Travelers policy would expire. In my case, the Traverlers policy ran until it's expiration date so there was no change to my policy as it simply expired at the end of it's term.

Acting as my agent, Gulfway found another insurer that would provide similar insurance coverage. In my case it is Hagarty. Gulfway said Hagarty would contact me and they did. After working directly with a Hagarty representative, I have better coverage with a slightly lower premium, than I had with Travelers.

I believe Gulfway acted in my best interests (as they should) and I have no complaints.

The answer to your question Kenny, is no. Even if my policy is to be canceled in mid-term and my agent offers another insurance company as an alternative, I do not have to accept it. I can look for insurance elsewhere and let the current policy expire.

psimon

I know someone is going to tell me to use the search engine first, but I already did that, and got some info. but none that answers my question. Gulfway told me the normal "no hauling for profit," but also said I could not use my deuce to pick up a 50 lb bag of grain at the feed store. She stated it was not to be used as a pickup truck. So for all you guys with Gulfway insurance, are you really only using your trucks for display? I don't believe it...
Does anyone use their trucks for barkdust, hay, firewood, dump runs, etc?
I would like to insure my truck properly, only use it 500-1000 miles, and still be able to use it as a truck on a limited basis.aua
Any help or guidance from the wise ones would be much appreciated.
Gulfs
I know someone is going to tell me to use the search engine first, but I already did that, and got some info. but none that answers my question. Gulfway told me the normal "no hauling for profit," but also said I could not use my deuce to pick up a 50 lb bag of grain at the feed store. She stated it was not to be used as a pickup truck. So for all you guys with Gulfway insurance, are you really only using your trucks for display? I don't believe it...
Does anyone use their trucks for barkdust, hay, firewood, dump runs, etc?
I would like to insure my truck properly, only use it 500-1000 miles, and still be able to use it as a truck on a limited basis.aua
Any help or guidance from the wise ones would be much appreciated.
i just received a letter from Gulfway that they were no longer handling my military vehicles and were passing on that business to Hagerty. Having been with Gulfway for quite a few years, I guess it’s back to searching for new insurance.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Makes perfect sense Ray. When folks were saying they were switched it sent up flags. Gulfway offered nothing in the way of another insurer for my CUCV. I'll try Hagarty for my dump truck.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kenny, I have my CUCV, M915, and M373 with Hagarty now. They were previously with Travelers through Gulfway. All of my vehicle info was sent to Hagarty from Gulfway because when Hagarty contacted me, they already had the paper work filled out. Can't imagine why they wouldn't do the same for you.

rmgill

Yep. I just received the Letter detailing this from Travelers. I'll have to see what Hagerty's requirements are and look around. Maybe Allstate can sort it out for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks