• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gulfway Ins. Limitation WOES!!!

clob mcstrunk

I've been with StateFarm for everything for 20 years and they gave me a quote of around $600/year. I just laughed at him.

I'd love to know if/how there is another way through SF as well.

fpchief

I've been with StateFarm for everything for 20 years and they gave me a quote of around $600/year. I just laughed at him.

I'd love to know if/how there is another way through SF as well.
Hagerty Insurance. You wont want to use anyone else for your special needs vehicles.

clob mcstrunk

Oh, after hanging up with SF I was on the phone with Hagerty within minutes and had a policy at $180.

I do store the truck indoors and truthfully will never use it to pull anything, etc

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For those of us that had Gulfway policies underwritten by Travelers, I was informed today that Gulfway is changing to Haggerty. I had let mine lapse and went to renew and since it was more than 90 days, travelers said I had to work through Gulfway. I called them and they told me they have contacted haggerty who will be in touch. If your policy is in effect, i would think you are ok until the renewal date comes up.

I am waiting to see what Haggerty says but I understand they have a garage clause which is a no go for me. I might need to see if I can find another agent that sells Traveler's.

Anyone else heard anything?

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the collectors choice form it asked what type of security, I always put Gun. I am waiting for my antique tag and the bill for the 1088 so we shall see how much it is soon. I have three trucks and the one 373 semi trailer with Gulfway and so far it has been reasonable.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the collectors choice form it asked what type of security, I always put Gun. I am waiting for my antique tag and the bill for the 1088 so we shall see how much it is soon. I have three trucks and the one 373 semi trailer with Gulfway and so far it has been reasonable.
Yup, I have found them reasonable and fair but not sure if this will be the same story with them using haggerty instead of traveler's.....
They could not tell me why they switched.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW & YMMV

I have determined the following:

Traveler's is getting out of the Military/Antique/Collector's market. They are not writing any new policies. Existing policies ok till your renewal.

That is why Gulfway is switching to Hagerty.

My quote with hagerty was double the price and furthermore, they will not insure me due to driveway parking with no carport/garage.

Back to square 1 to find a new company that will insure my 5 ton in La

Lukes_deuce

FWIW & YMMV

I have determined the following:

Traveler's is getting out of the Military/Antique/Collector's market. They are not writing any new policies. Existing policies ok till your renewal.

That is why Gulfway is switching to Hagerty.

My quote with hagerty was double the price and furthermore, they will not insure me due to driveway parking with no carport/garage.

Back to square 1 to find a new company that will insure my 5 ton in La
Very interesting and sad to hear. Ive been with Gulfway for 5 years with 1 to 2 trucks. I do not have a garage and my plan is good until Oct. Let us know what happens. Kind of frustrating they are pulling the rug out of under us. Ill have to turn my plates in if I dont have insurance. NY motor vehicle is very difficult to deal with.

Lukes_deuce

Just got a letter from Gulfway stating they are transitioning from Travelers to Hagerty. I spoke with someone from Gulfway and said Hagerty will get in touch with you for specifics of the new policy. I have to end of Oct for my current policy, so Ill give them a little time and see what happens. I hope they dont change the rules for what vehicles are insured.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea, I've heard rumblings about Travelers exiting this market. You may be among the first. I'm with Hagerty as of about a month ago and so far it's been ok... I do not have a garage (only a carport) and all that meant was about an increase in cost (from ~$200 to ~$250 for an M35A3). I'm not crazy about paying for insurance - who is - but that's not extortionate and it is comprehensive (liability and collision).

FWIW, I'm in VA, so YMMV. har har

Merc1973

I also have to switch from Gulfway. What a shame, it was so easy and pretty cheap. Who garages their 2.5 and 5 tons? Aside from here who have farms/barns? That's crazy. I will check prices and report back.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also got switched over to Hagerty from Gulfway and the crossover papers listed my truck as being stored indoors so I called them to update some info and tell them I had no enclosure. They said that was fine it would just raise my rate from $274 to $340 per year for my level of coverage here in WA state.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Question on this. Folks are talking about getting switched from Gulfway to Hagarty. Who is doing the switching? I thought Gulfway was the agent and Hagarty was the insurer? I know Gulfway used to peddle Travelers. I''m confused.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks