• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ham Radio Operators / Steel Soldiers

beachbummer

I wanted to suggest that, but Google-ing a call-sign reveals a lot of personal info. I didn't know if that was the best way to go. I'm still a little leery, myself.

Dang if you aint whislin dixie!!

I looked up my call sign, it told everything! Good thing i have it tied into my pobx.

I have a general class!

kastein

beachbummer - that is a pretty neat radio!

Also, yeah... I personally don't even care if people know where I live. Internet Tough Guys can bring it :grd:

Just to let you know! There is going to be a fairly large gathering of Ham Radio Operators at Quartzite, Arizona starting January 22nd, 2011. The annual gathering of RV'ers. Some "Snowbirds" in the hobby. I have a friend who use to be a radio operator in Viet Nam coming from Washington to this annual event. He is a licensed Ham Radio Operator. If anyone is interested in contacting him or I you can PM me or post your call letters on this thread. He will be joining SteelSoldiers in Quartzite when we meet there. He lives in Curlew,Washington and is really into your hobby. Thanks guys( and gals) elkhunter

oilcan

KD8OOJ general class. I planned to stop there, but found myself downloading the extra class question pool the other day.

Ham radio operators at Quartzite

KD8OOJ general class. I planned to stop there, but found myself downloading the extra class question pool the other day.
Thanks for the reply oilcan. I'll relay your call letters to him. When I call him today I'll get his and mail them to you . Keep in touch if possible. elkhunter Hope you got the question answered correctly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks