Steel Soldiers now has an offical calendar available, read more about it at: Steel Soldiers 2021 calendar
Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!
It wan't much of a fight from either one.Used the Warn 18k winch on my bobbed deuce for some landscaping duty. Pulled a sago palm and a (?) tree out. I used the spare tire from my daily driver as a fulcrum. Apologize for the vertical video from Soldier B.
Geez Hank, I've always wanted one of those Warn 18K 24v winches myself. Too rich for my pocketbook. I'd need the bumper extension kit too. C&C Equipment sells them both as a kit or separately. Glad to know you're well and to see that Ahab is here too.Used the Warn 18k winch on my bobbed deuce for some landscaping duty. Pulled a sago palm and a (?) tree out. I used the spare tire from my daily driver as a fulcrum. Apologize for the vertical video from Soldier B.
Hank your truck is beautiful! What a magnificent job you did on that!Used the Warn 18k winch on my bobbed deuce for some landscaping duty. Pulled a sago palm and a (?) tree out. I used the spare tire from my daily driver as a fulcrum. Apologize for the vertical video from Soldier B.
Sweet looking truckAfter much thought, consideration and hard-earned money spent gathering parts I decided to start on my deuce project today. Many thanks to TimnTrucks and littlebob for helping me in this endeavor by providing lifting services by Tim's wrecker and elbow grease by both. I'm sure a few more fellow SS members will step in to help on this fun project. It will definitely be a nice truck when I'm finished with it. And, no, I won't be selling my completed project vehicle like pretty much everybody else does. I hope to get many years of enjoyment!
I will be performing the following modifications over the course of the next few months:
- Bobbing the rear to make her 4-wheel drive
- Front Deuce Springs in the rear
- Custom Shocks (*Specs)
- M105A2 bed
- 8" frame lift & steering kit (Black Rock Fab)
- External Roll cage (fabricator TBD)
- Roof mounted Coleman Mach 15 A/C Unit (*Specs)
- Bed mounted 3k watt Yamaha Generator Inverter (*Specs)
- 53" Michelin XZL 16R20 tires (*Specs)
- 20" HEMTT wheels with weld-in plates for 6 lug Rockwell center (Stazworks)
- Front Lockout Hubs (Ouverson)
- Bed mounted spare tire
- Bed mounted toolbox with relocated fuel tank inside
- Spin on fuel/oil filter kit (Jatonka)
- 24v Trucklite LED headlights (*Specs)
- 24v Trucklite LED auxiliary lights (*Specs)
- Cage mounted Go Light Spotlight (GoLight)
- 6" LCD monitor with roof mounted and backup cameras (*Specs)
- Relocate APC lights from front bumper to rear for backup lighting
- New Desert Tan paint
- Turn the fuel up!
What has been completed so far:
- D turbo swapped out with a C turbo "whistler"
- 24v Trucklite LED turn signals (*Specs)
- 24v Trucklite LED brake/rear turn signal lights (*Specs)
- Hidden Keyed Ignition Switch
- Automatic air tank drain valves (Erik's Military Surplus)
- Fuel pump in-tank rubber line replaced (cracked & falling off)
- Combination boost/pyrometer gauge (ISSPro Turbocator)
- APC headlights mounted to front bumper
- Front bumper step
- Replaced engine temperature gauge and sender (existing gauge/sender said truck was overheating, grounds were okay)
We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!