• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hard Top Modification for M66 Ring Mount.

bbbang

A buddy and I are going to modify a hard top for use on an M66 mount on an M35. Cutting the hole is not a problem but sealing it up afterward would be the issue. I would be interested in photos and information from other who have done this modification. I have seen pictures of some that were GI done with the top off of a barrel but would like to do something different than that. Thanks for any help. Chris

goldneagle

Well there are:

1-Tank Hatch
2-Manhole Cover
3-Very Large Tupperware Lid
4-Spare Tire Cover
5-Vent Cover
6-Roof Hatch
7-Trash Can Lid
8-Large Pot Lid (with Hinge)
9-Small BBQ Round Cover
10-Custom Made Hatch (Like a Tank but lighter)

M1075

The real funny thing is that I think it was a serious post! I think any of those field modifications would work.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If I saw a deuce with the lid from a Weber charcoal grille as a manhole cover in a hardtop, I would instantly die of laughter.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
Wasn't there a member's ride with the top few inches of a 55 gallon drum mounted through the hard top for this purpose? My memory says Wreckerman, but it's been getting increasingly flaky as the years go on. ;)

bbbang

Indeed I do. (Someone should have mentioned welding in a T-Top from a 1979 Grand Prix).
I am going to pick the hard top up in about a week. I will get something cool fabricated up, and post some pictures up on the site, hopefully in a couple of weeks. I had seen the cut off barrel in the top before, but did not want to go that route. I actually have a M2HB and a MK64 Mount, and am wanting to set this M35 up for some serious shooting. Chris

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
HEY!!!!!That was a perferfectly good authorized Redneck modification. Worked great too...we fired my AK-47 out of it at the local machinegun shoot.
Too bad it is gone now. But I have a ringmount that I am going to put on the bob deuce...has a hardtop so I am looking for ideas too.

desertfox

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Top

The tank bubble is really cool. Complete with wiper, and tinted glass. I bet it is bullet proof and hinged.
It would look good on the top of a M109 box. That is where I would put the back seat driver.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man I wish you were closer, I've got a couple hard tops with the hole and cover already in it that I would trade you for a regular hard top.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks