• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone installed a cooling system upgrade?

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been researching a cooling system upgrade by paradox by design. Has anyone here used it? Would you recommend it? My M1031 only has 16 k miles and I want to make it last as long as I can.
Thanks for any feedback!

Dean

antennaclimber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have one of the kits on my M1008. Some people think it's not needed and others think it would be a good idea. My thought it's worth a try and would only be beneficial given the history of these engines with blocks and or heads failing.

I do not have any data as to it being better or worse than the stock system. The truck has been driven across the USA two and a half times without any issues.
The radiator is a aluminum and plastic unit, I have driven it thru some extreme heat conditions towing a M101A2 trailer and so far, no issues.

2INSANE

My personal testing on running 6.2 and 6.5 motors on an engine stand shows that they all get hot in the rear of the motor. I recently installed the PBD kit on a customers motor and can confirm that the kit does balance the temperatures better on the motor. I would say this kit is now a MUST HAVE UPGRADE for any 6.2 and 6.5 motor. Here are pictures.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks