• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Has anyone tried to fit this pump in?

rustystud

"Gates" makes 1/2" immersion rated fuel hose. There are several suppliers out there. I always recommend you "replace" the fuel hose after removing and installing the fuel tank pump.

Menaces Nemesis

"Little Black Truck" Conservator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Gates" makes 1/2" immersion rated fuel hose. There are several suppliers out there. I always recommend you "replace" the fuel hose after removing and installing the fuel tank pump.
Hey Rusty, I haven't seen where Gates even lists 1/2" submersible currently on their own website. Please list a direct 1/2" Gates submersible fuel hose product link, or a link for 1/2" submersible fuel hose from any manufacturer for that matter, from a supplier that currently has the product in stock, Thanks.

Last edited:

rustystud

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the kind of thing that can happen if a non-submersible type of fuel hose (like the one Rusty posted in his last link) is used for an in-tank application...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZPwLaSCHTI
We don't know if, or if not, a hose that might work will be fine for a few years, then reach a threshold where it degrades very rapidly, in between PM's before we can catch it, sending gobs and chunks into our fuel systems.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Would this work?(edit, posted wrong link- too many windows open)

it says:
Fuel Hose, Temp Range Up to 257 Deg F, Length 25 Ft., Inside Dia 1/2 In, Working Pressure 35 PSI, Material Nitrile Tube, Color Black, For Use With Leaded and Unleaded Gasoline, Ethanol and Methanol Based Gasohol and Diesel Fuel, Standards Meets or exceeds SAE J30R6, SAE 130R7, and GM 66165M

https://www.zoro.com/gates-fuel-hose-12-id-x-25-ft-35psi-27006/i/G6947972/feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy9LVBRDOARIsAGqoVntTvtWiT7LovzN8oRt-wKRB80QzjGMNwPp8Zg8x3e9wbd8MUqevSZYaAsgyEALw_wcB

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would this work?(edit, posted wrong link- too many windows open)

it says:
Fuel Hose, Temp Range Up to 257 Deg F, Length 25 Ft., Inside Dia 1/2 In, Working Pressure 35 PSI, Material Nitrile Tube, Color Black, For Use With Leaded and Unleaded Gasoline, Ethanol and Methanol Based Gasohol and Diesel Fuel, Standards Meets or exceeds SAE J30R6, SAE 130R7, and GM 66165M

https://www.zoro.com/gates-fuel-hose-12-id-x-25-ft-35psi-27006/i/G6947972/feature-product?gclid=Cj0KCQjwy9LVBRDOARIsAGqoVntTvtWiT7LovzN8oRt-wKRB80QzjGMNwPp8Zg8x3e9wbd8MUqevSZYaAsgyEALw_wcB

Here's a link with good info and a source for hose compatible with today's diesel, biodiesel/blends, and anything else you'd likely run in your truck https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...Hose-For-Deuce

Last edited:

Eliteweapons

Would this work?
[SIZE=-1]FFT-180X10B - Fuel Tube, 180 x 10mm (5.91 x 0.31"), Black ...

[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=-1]FEATURES:[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1] Made of high-tech plastic[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Superior to all types of natural and synthetic rubber hoses (including SAE 30R7/9/10)[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Highly resistant to solvents / chemicals in modern pump and race gas[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Ethanol (E-10 / E-85) compatible[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Corrugated construction allows for tight bend radiuses and resistance to kinking[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Isolates / reduces noise which is a byproduct of pump pulsations[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]High-flow capacity[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=-1]Mandatory for all modern cars and trucks which no longer use rubber components in their fuel system[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Modern fuel systems no longer use rubber components because of their incompatibility with modern enhanced pump gas which contains ethanol and other solvents such as toluene, xylene and MTBE. Unlike these flex tubes, rubber hose will break down very quickly when exposed to these types of fluids. This will allow vapors to leach into the atmosphere and cause the hose to swell and burst. Rubber particles may also contaminate a modern fuel system causing jet pumps, siphon pumps, check valves, regulators, diverters and injectors to fail. When replacing a fuel pump in a new fuel system, it is imperative that a new fuel tube be used. Racetronix uses fuel tubes in all of its late-model fuel pump assemblies to guarantee compatibly and reliability with the factory fuel system.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1].[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From the specs given, looks to me like that's EXACTLY the kind of thing we need! Just need to have one that'll do 1/2" ID (13mm) x 13"+ long (325mm) for my set up anyway.

Doing a search for convoluted fuel tubing/corrugated fuel tubing, seems like the 1/2" ID is still the sticking point... I can find the tubes with adequate length (16"), but seems like they're all too small in ID.

Last edited:

rustystud

Wrong again...

That hose is absolutely not 30R10 fuel-submresible rated. I challenge you to provide a link for any source in the U.S. that has new, 1/2" ID, 30R10 FUEL-SUBMERSIBLE HOSE in stock.

Duda Diesel has 1/2" ID Viton hose that may or may not be an option. Nylon tubing can be found in 1/2 ID, but along with it's rigidity, there may be other concerns with it too. You may find a chinese source for the hose through a host like "Alibaba", but then you may be dealing with insane product minimums and shipping, as well as suspect quality.

Please try again Rusty. And, if you find it by the foot, at any kind of decent price, I'm sure that myself and others will happily have an order in for it ASAP. :):):) Thanks.
If you had actually looked at the specifications of this hose instead of listening to the "advice" of the "NAPA" parts guy you would realize it is fine for "Diesel" fuel. For those who don't know, "Menaces Nemesis" doesn't like me. All those Nasty little PM's. I didn't take it to the forums though, no need to. But now I see he is going to try and discredit me any way he can. So be it.
Here's the specs of this hose.
View attachment Scan0255.pdf

The 4219 series is Gates premium line of fuel hose. I've personally run this hose for over 7 years now with "no" problems. I'm sure there are other hose brands out there that will work also. After all the military used them for years.

P.S. Duda Diesel does sell a good submersible fuel hose too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you had actually looked at the specifications of this hose instead of listening to the "advice" of the "NAPA" parts guy you would realize it is fine for "Diesel" fuel. For those who don't know, "Menaces Nemesis" doesn't like me. All those Nasty little PM's. I didn't take it to the forums though, no need to. But now I see he is going to try and discredit me any way he can. So be it.

Gawd Rusty... I'm sure that the moderators can confirm that I've sent you exactly 1 (one) PM, it was last November, and yes, it was in disagreement with you, but on an entirely different subject/thread. And since then, if you'd take a look here at the bottom of your OP https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?176723-Deuce-Tailgate-Assist, I thanked you for your thread back on the 1st of this month. Guess I must not hate you too awful bad! The fact is, the scans in your last post don't list a 30R10-rated 1/2" ID product, which is what the hurdle has been throughout this entire volley of posts. And according to Gates' own literature (attached) not all 4219 series is 30R10 rated (intended for submersion), nor is the sidewall of all 4219 series hose factory marked as such. Here's the info directly from Gates (not the Napa counter guy as you suggested) and just like the scans in your last post, you'll notice there is no 1/2" product in the listing. Please pay particular attention to the Q&A portion of the attachment. And Rusty, please provide written documentation from a reliable source that states the military has accepted the use of non 30R10 rated hose for submersible, long-term, in-tank fuel use. My apologies if disagreeing with you has hurt your feelings, but if 30R10 1/2" ID fuel hose was readily available anywhere in the US, there would've been about a budgillion supplier links for it posted on the last few pages of this thread by now.

View attachment gatessubmersiblefuellinehose.pdf

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Hello – we currently do not offer ½ submersible fuel line

CHRIS
Product Application
Automotive Aftermarket

This is the responceI was sent today.

rustystud

Gawd Rusty... I'm sure that the moderators can confirm that I've sent you exactly 1 (one) PM, it was last November, and yes, it was in disagreement with you, but on an entirely different subject/thread. And since then, if you'd take a look here at the bottom of your OP https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?176723-Deuce-Tailgate-Assist, I thanked you for your thread back on the 1st of this month. Guess I must not hate you too awful bad! The fact is, the scans in your last post don't list a 30R10-rated 1/2" ID product, which is what the hurdle has been throughout this entire volley of posts. And according to Gates' own literature (attached) not all 4219 series is 30R10 rated (intended for submersion), nor is the sidewall of all 4219 series hose factory marked as such. Here's the info directly from Gates (not the Napa counter guy as you suggested) and just like the scans in your last post, you'll notice there is no 1/2" product in the listing. Please pay particular attention to the Q&A portion of the attachment. And Rusty, please provide written documentation from a reliable source that states the military has accepted the use of non 30R10 rated hose for submersible, long-term, in-tank fuel use. My apologies if disagreeing with you has hurt your feelings, but if 30R10 1/2" ID fuel hose was readily available anywhere in the US, there would've been about a budgillion supplier links for it posted on the last few pages of this thread by now.

View attachment 722957
You asked me to provide the proof, well why don't you provide the proof I'm wrong ? The hose I bought from the link I provided is the submersion rated hose just like the data sheets say. Yes it is 1/2" inner diameter. As far as "asking" the military for their input in this "are you crazy !!!" . They already have or had 1/2" hose since the deuce was running the last time I looked !
As far as your attitude to me, again "are you kidding me ?!?!?!? " . Sure you can look reasonable on the site here, but your "private" attitude was far from "Nice" or "friendly" in anyway shape or form. Even your posts about "if you use the hose Rusty says to use this will happen to you" is a slam and you know it. So spare me the sincere act.
This is the last time I'm wasting my time on you.

Menaces Nemesis

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You asked me to provide the proof, well why don't you provide the proof I'm wrong ? The hose I bought from the link I provided is the submersion rated hose just like the data sheets say. Yes it is 1/2" inner diameter. As far as "asking" the military for their input in this "are you crazy !!!" . They already have or had 1/2" hose since the deuce was running the last time I looked !
As far as your attitude to me, again "are you kidding me ?!?!?!? " . Sure you can look reasonable on the site here, but your "private" attitude was far from "Nice" or "friendly" in anyway shape or form. Even your posts about "if you use the hose Rusty says to use this will happen to you" is a slam and you know it. So spare me the sincere act.
This is the last time I'm wasting my time on you.
OY... :shock:

big block 88

Hmmmm. Thanked over 5000 times and been around 5 years longer. Thanked 35 times and seems to be the agitator.

Rusty that hose is fine and i have run it for years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks