• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 08, June 19-22

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the plan for everyone coming to the rally, as far as when they are getting there? I'm not certain, but I am tempted to leave early Wednesday a.m. and trek through the day, getting there in the late evening. It's 530 miles one way for me, and with the deuce and a jeep/camping gear in the back, I estimate it will take 12-13 hours for the entire trip, including stops for fuel. My a$$ is going to be begging for a break once I arrive.

anyways, just wanted primarily to see if it was okay for members of the Steel Soldier contingent to show up Wednesday night, not sure if the Haspin Acres owners expect us until Thursday or not.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They do not require notification of our group showing up(read they don't know we are coming). You should mention that there will be 20 or so people in the group cause you get a discount for large groups. they close up the office after a certain time, but you can stop in the next day to notify them you are there.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll call today and set up the group discount. wed thru sunday, 18-22. Just mention steelsoldiers.

Before when I would arrive late, they would not charge me for the night. Don't know if that's a rule or if I just got lucky.

Also, if we want to do some night runs, we are going to have to set up outside of the campground. Need to pick a place in the woods that's out of the way.

Dennis

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just looked at the calendar and I can't believe it's only 4 weeks away now. It's sneaking up on us real fast.

Dennis, why do we need to set up inside the perimeter? I didn't see a huge gate between where we were last year and the woods - Gilbert was taking his truck out middle of the night and doing some offroading and he was able to get back in. Just curious....

gimpyrobb

Mike, the area we were in is designated for no night drives. Park policy. If you want a night drive, we need to park outside the fence.

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gimpyrobb said:
Mike, the area we were in is designated for no night drives. Park policy. If you want a night drive, we need to park outside the fence.
Would the "Haspin Hilton" be considered outside the fence? Seems like it offered a parking area and the slab would be a level place to camp at least....

Chad

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hilton's inside. Problem is there's a rule, no riding after 9 or 10. But, if your camping out in the woods, they let you go, they only police the campground area at night. Since there's no electricity or shitters in the campground, why not move? There is a shower and restroom at the main building.

If we do move to the woods, need to get phone numbers together, it would be hard to find just by driving around.

Dennis

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there someone nearby that might be able to scout out a nice location beforehand, someplace inside the fence, but underneath some trees for shade, yet big enough for us to park a bunch of our MVs ready for use? I recall some nice areas that had campers on the east side of the property, under the trees.

gimpyrobb

I'm gonna try to get there early and see what we can do. I don't know there will be much better than the pavillion though.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a stage way back in the campground woods. I would agree the pavilion is central, but there is no trees there. If you get in the campground wood, no much level ground. Maybe I'll head in early with Gimp and figure something out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know what the weather is usually like in the mid to late June timeframe for Haspin rally? Last year it was nice and hot, not really humid.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks