• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me spend some money

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't make as much power as that Hemi, but my friend and I are finishing a 598 with a F-3 to race this year since I sold my race car. This engine made a little over 2400 HP on gasoline.
Woah, thats sweet!

RealCavDog

Thats an addiction of another color ! One of the reasons I morphed over to MVs !

Now we will be looking for bellhousing adapters, how many horses will the old Spicer handle, how do I convert my 12-volt starter, do they make a fording kit for it, can I convert it to run on WMO !

Seriously, thats a sweet looking Camaro ! Maybe I'll see it if I make any events in K.C. this summer ! Try to get up there a few times each year, but mainly for the swap meets ! [thumbzup]

JJensen

Thank you. We race it in the drag radial series here in Kansas City and we also attend a few of the larger races at Ozark Raceway. My friend will be driving, I just tune this car since I sold mine this year. This combo will run 7.40s to 7.60's on drag radials with stock style rear suspension. Leaf springs with Smith Racecraft bars.

Here is a video of our friend's Mustang. It has the exact same engine combo (heads, intake, F-3, cam, etc...) , except it is a 509. We will be battling the torque from the extra stroke.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCUJoSoLwWk&feature=related[/media]

I'm getting this thread way off topic. Better get it back on track.

Attachments

oddshot

I know it ain't glamorous but ...

If I had the spare cash ... and I had to make a brake line anyoldways ....

I would think about a brake up-grade to 2 circuits.

Even though I got new brakes ... I got a penny jar started for my up-grade.

Although its already been suggested ...

A muffler sounds good. rofl

oddshot

JJensen

I have wanted to make a dual circuit brake system, but I couldn't find any good threads about people doing it. The guy that is working on my truck with me owns a complete fabrication shop. The guy can make about anything.

Do you have any suggestions on how to start planning for a dual circuit system?

JJensen

I find that the search function on the site gets poor results. I see that you used google. I started doing that and it is much more helpful. I read through some of those threads. Most talk about what would be needed, but I didn't see where anyone had actually done it.

I'm going to read through more of them.