• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help me spend some money

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It won't make as much power as that Hemi, but my friend and I are finishing a 598 with a F-3 to race this year since I sold my race car. This engine made a little over 2400 HP on gasoline.
Woah, thats sweet!

RealCavDog

Thats an addiction of another color ! One of the reasons I morphed over to MVs !

Now we will be looking for bellhousing adapters, how many horses will the old Spicer handle, how do I convert my 12-volt starter, do they make a fording kit for it, can I convert it to run on WMO !

Seriously, thats a sweet looking Camaro ! Maybe I'll see it if I make any events in K.C. this summer ! Try to get up there a few times each year, but mainly for the swap meets ! [thumbzup]

JJensen

Thank you. We race it in the drag radial series here in Kansas City and we also attend a few of the larger races at Ozark Raceway. My friend will be driving, I just tune this car since I sold mine this year. This combo will run 7.40s to 7.60's on drag radials with stock style rear suspension. Leaf springs with Smith Racecraft bars.

Here is a video of our friend's Mustang. It has the exact same engine combo (heads, intake, F-3, cam, etc...) , except it is a 509. We will be battling the torque from the extra stroke.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCUJoSoLwWk&feature=related[/media]

I'm getting this thread way off topic. Better get it back on track.

Attachments

oddshot

I know it ain't glamorous but ...

If I had the spare cash ... and I had to make a brake line anyoldways ....

I would think about a brake up-grade to 2 circuits.

Even though I got new brakes ... I got a penny jar started for my up-grade.

Although its already been suggested ...

A muffler sounds good. rofl

oddshot

JJensen

I have wanted to make a dual circuit brake system, but I couldn't find any good threads about people doing it. The guy that is working on my truck with me owns a complete fabrication shop. The guy can make about anything.

Do you have any suggestions on how to start planning for a dual circuit system?

JJensen

I find that the search function on the site gets poor results. I see that you used google. I started doing that and it is much more helpful. I read through some of those threads. Most talk about what would be needed, but I didn't see where anyone had actually done it.

I'm going to read through more of them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks