• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

Biggles

I'm fine with waiting a little bit for my EUC I don't know what's involved but I am just really REALLY hoping i can do it all from here and not have to actually drive there to load the truck or sign things. It would really help me if I could just pay to have it delivered and not take time off of work.

Green_gator

Biggles,
I am headed out on April 16 to recover a truck from there won in the last auction. If yours is still there pending EUC let me know and maybe I can take a look at it for you.

Biggles

That would be great! I imagine that it will still be sitting there, near as I can tell I'm to expect a three month wait.

Biggles

50shooter

AtankersDad: did you drive to Iowa to preview those trucks? If so you are dedicated. I won some of them and only live 4 hours away and I'm trailering them...you and the boys were driving back to MD. If you have the will thats great but how does your backside take that?

Biggles: my first EUC only took a couple of weeks. My second only took four or five days. Don't want to get your hopes up but maybe you will be lucky too and get a quick turn around. I'm a firm believer in calling them frequently.

There is a member here that has offered to go to Camp Dodge as it is only 2 miles away from him. Are you on my friend? Biggles may want to chat. I would certainly take a look at it for you when I pick mine up. There is a chance that I may not go and my Dad will instead, but he wouldn't mind giving it a look over.

We didn't look at all the trucks but I agree some were great but others were pretty crapped out. I don't know what we are allowed to say during the auction so I didn't want to address it and get into trouble but some of those trucks didn't have air shift, some didn't have heaters, some had great tires and others were 50%. I ended up with one unkown truck so I hope it has air shift.

50shooter

That would be great! I imagine that it will still be sitting there, near as I can tell I'm to expect a three month wait.

Biggles
If by some chance your EUC clears prior to me going out there, I would be happy to load your truck on a flatbed. We would obviously have to do some major time sinc as it is a bit of a cluster. It would be do able.

Disclaimer
The only major snag is I may not be able to get off to go for the recovery and then my Dad would be doing it alone. Between our trucks and a M105a2 he may be overwhelmed so I can't commit him to the same offer stated above.

Stay in touch through this thread and I'll do the same.
Jason

gonorth

Biggles, I inspected all but 5 of them and have my notes. If you want to know what I wrote for notes on your purchase send me a message with your lot number. Might give you some help knowing what I thought. (recover versus ship)

I also have the final selling price for about half of the vehicles that sold Monday. Post the lot number here for any you are interested in knowing.

foothill4play

the quote i got isn't a whole lot more than a buck a mile but it's nowhere near 250 to 350 a mile, 540 miles 640 dollars (rough estimated) that seems worth it doesn't it?

Biggles
well, you all got it cheap, I'm trying to get one moved 192 miles and am quoted 800 bucks..... I'd drive it but not sure if the radiator will hold out, cause the guy says its bad....tony

BMCUSNAVY

Ouch...... I guess I got lucky. Just drove an 83 deuce from San Clemente Calif. to Oak Harbor, WA. I had one CHP slow down to check me out, but kept going. Truck look's brand new.

gonorth

Hey 50shooter, same offer goes for you, if you want any notes I have on the one unknown that you bought shoot me a message. I think I only saw one without air shift and maybe 3 without heaters. (but as I said, I didn't find about 5 of them to look over) I didn't relly think any of them were really bad. Ya there were a few cracked windows, some with a little more rust that others, some with a fair amount of leakage underneath, a few with some pretty bad seats but all in all nothing that I would say wasn't worth buying at a decent price.

By they way, I didn't think 7513 was quite as great as you. It was good I will give you that. Low miles (on the engine) if you believe the odometer. My notes: Underside dry, Turbo, engine clean, tires poorish, Seats So So, Air shift, Heat. And 4000 was the price last time I looked, I don't have a final price on that one.

Last edited:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4001 was the final price for 7513...and no it wasn't me that paid that much :-D. I have all the prices for each lot in this sale if anyone needs them.

gonorth

Two thoughts...

First if anyone else from MN or the north half of WI is picking anything up in IA in the next couple of weeks post here and maybe we can car pool down there and convoy back. We could meet up at Cabelas in Owatonnna or in Albert Lea.

For those that are shiping. This is just a thought but with the economy being what it is there might be some merit in calling a road construction company in DesMoines or in your home town area to see if they might be interested in puting one of their equipment transport trucks to use for you.

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got 2 there and I usually trailer them myself but I'd rather not make two trips. I'd like to find a hauler to bring them both to me in one trip.

gonorth

Thanks Scott, Dang, that was a good price for that truck. I had a high bid going on another truck that went into OT and aparently 7509 sold at normal closing time while I was still high and I did not want to end up with two trucks. Congrats to whomever got it.

Andy, Friday might work for me. GL got my app yesterday, assumeing they get it to BC tomorrow I should be approved Tuesday or Wednesday. Let's keep an eye open here.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks