• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Help out a new guy!

50shooter

By they way, I didn't think 7513 was quite as great as you. It was good I will give you that....

I agree that I've seen better than this truck but I just wanted an AF truck to add to the collection and it would have filled the void.

One of the winch trucks for sure didn't have air shift. My Dad took lots of pics but lost track. He took 3 winch trucks in a row and one didn't have air shift. I couldn't figure out which one it was so I didn't have the brass to bid on a 33% chance of winning a sprag.

Thanks for the offer on details but I'm kind of looking forward to the surprise on the unknown truck. Kind of like not looking at the unltra sound ahead of time and waiting for the baby to pop to figure it out.

Several guys posted about being there next Friday 20th. That's what we are hoping for too. Can Battle Creek do it in time.....stay tuned.

Good luck to all on the Camp Dodge recoveries. For those that will be trucking, they have two loading docks that are the nuts. One for standard flatbeds and the other for low boys. Very nice.

gonorth

7510 was the winch without air. The other 6 with winches that I looked at all had air.

I didn't even realize that 7513 was AF. Maybe that is the main reason it went as high as it did.

If this is your first EUC it will be very very tight to be approved by the 20th. If not your first you should be OK as long as GL doesn't kick it back to you for updates. Geting it past GL is the tough part, they do a good job screening what you put on the EUC. I have had trouble with my emails with the scans of the EUC, Pic of my DL, and Export form attached geting to them so now I get on the online chat to verify that it actially got there.

Biggles

I would really like to know what I have gotten myself into now. I didn't realize until after the auction was over that the EUC can take months. I thought I had some paperwork to fill out and then I was going to be in a big hurry to get the thing within 14 days. Well at least I can relax for the time being.......I hope my truck isn't too tore up, I mean i have no intentions of restoring it or anything but I'd like a decent one.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Hey I think they have slowed back down on the EUC's. I won a Trailer last month and GL had it for 15 days before it went to battle creek, and counting today it is still there 6 days and still not approved, this is not my first euc.

Sumoman

Hey I think they have slowed back down on the EUC's. I won a Trailer last month and GL had it for 15 days before it went to battle creek, and counting today it is still there 6 days and still not approved, this is not my first euc.
Glad to see I am not the only one, its killing me, but typical Military, hurry up and wait:-D

Mine is still at the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Service for approval, maybe I should have bought it through them instead of GL.

gonorth

I sent my EUC Tuesday, GL confirmed that they got it late that day. (I asked for comfirmation) I was hopeing they would have passed it on to Battle Creek today but they didn't.

Biggles, it won't be 2 months. My first one was about 6 weeks ago. Took about 5 days being screened at GL. I had some errors and that accounted for 2 of those 5 days. Then Battle creek took about 7 days to approve it.

Second one, 3 days in GL, and about 3 days in Battle Creek.

GL simply makes sure you sent all the required stuff and that the answers were acceptabble before forwarding it to Battle Creek.

It is really hard to figure out what to answer in all those fields. Important things:

- Must supply a COLOR scan or digital pic of your drivers license. Must be very clear and your pic must be clear.

- Must supply an Export form (under the form section)

- Must supply the EUC, 2 pages, also under the form section

Read the directions, NO Abbreviations (don't say NW, say Northwest), DL must match your real address. If you have a land line at your address use that, not a cell phone number.
I think you can substitute other things for the DL, like a passport

If you have not sent your EUC in yet and you want mine send me a private message with our email address and I will email you page one of my filled out EUC. (Page 2 is just my signature)

I fill out the forms, Print them, sign them, then scan them, then email the following 4 attachments to GL.

- Digital pic of my DL
- Signed export form
- Page 1 of the EUC
- Page 2 of the signed EUC

I am not sure if you need to send the DL and Export form every time but why take a chance.

Last edited:

Biggles

I just got an email thing asking for a revision on my EUC i just faxed my DL and they want that export letter so i will do as you said and print them out and then scan them and then either emailt hem back or take them somewhere and fax them.

gonorth

They are going to want your DL in color, so unless your fax does color faxing it won't work so good.

And, my EUC went to Battle Creek today.

Last edited:

50shooter

Biggles, about the only way that they will be happy and therefore quicker is to scan and email. The GL website list fax as acceptable and yet it isn't. I've told them twice that they should correct that and save all the new guys a step. Once you've done it once you know not to fax it again. The wait sucks on the first one more than anything. I suggest you call them later in the day that you email it or early the next day. If you are like me you won't want to wait 3 days then find out they don't have it.

My first EUC cleared BC in 6 days. My second EUC cleared BC in 6 days. My third EUC will hopefully clear BC in less than 6 days. I'm impatient with 6 days I can't imagine how hard it would have been on the members that waited 3 months.

Hope they brought in extra help b/c there was a load of auctions that ended in the last couple of weeks.

Gastrap

Nice looking truck! I didn't look at that one when I was there.
I emailed my EUC, export letter and DL Tuesday after the Camp Dodge auction. I got on live chat Wednesday to verify they got it & she said to give them 72 hrs. min. before checking.
Today I got an email to fax the EUC because the emailed one printed "fuzzy". I dont understand that because I forwarded it all to myself to make sure the attachments worked & they were clear. Faxed at closing time so now I have to wait for Monday to see if that worked.
You would think that since it takes them 3 days to look at the email, that time wouldn't count on your 7 day countdown to a locked account. They acknowledged receiving the stuff but then remind me that I will be fined if I dont send it again by the 18th.

Biggles

Yeah I figured that out I just scanned it and emailed it to them. They now have everything I imagine it will go on to battle creek soon.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Today I got an email to fax the EUC because the emailed one printed "fuzzy". I dont understand that because I forwarded it all to myself to make sure the attachments worked & they were clear.
They said the same to me , "that on the computer screen the forms looked fine but when they printed they were too faint" . I had to resend them 2 more time before they got a "good" copy. Is anybody else having these problems??

gonorth

My second EUC was the first one I emailed and when I printed the EUC to sign it I told the printer that it was text and it printed pretty crummy. I didn't know any better so I signed, scanned and emailed it. I was sure they would probably reject it but it went thru and got approved.

Since then I did some experimenting wit the printer and now I tell the printer that the the file contains text and pictures (not the default) and it prints real clear and scans real clear too. When you sign it use a black pen and press hard to get a good dark signature.

Biggles

I don't know.....I can only hope that it is sent there electronically, but that being said if there is anyone that I know from experience that will do something the hard expensive or inefficient way even thought they know better it's the military.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks