• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hey Need help with a IP head part

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the fuel supply pump also called booster pump. remove shaft and replace seal, about $6.
to check it just pull it out and let it hang on the lines while running tank pump.

tom

vtdeucedriver

Got more O-rings for the HH???? Myself, black ops and Evil Dr. Porkchop are trying to get my M-54 to run and today I was dealing with the same issue with a stuck fuel shutoff lever. even with it forward, I am still not getting any fuel to the injectors.

At the reverification suggestion by JA TONKA via cellphone, I pulled the 3/4"plug at the top of the head and I still have movement at the piston. I still am getting fuel to the HH via the fuel density compensator line.

Right now I have no fuel dumping into the crankcase :)

Just wondering before I pull the head, I would like to drain my old fuel and change my filters and within the same time, fill all 3 cannisters with Power Svc as this truck has been sitting for 10 yrs.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the fuel lever and rod must move very freely. do not try to start it if they do not, bad things may happen. you do need some small pressure at cranking speed to get fuel into the plunger, so the tank pump or the booster pump must be working

vtdeucedriver

the fuel lever and rod must move very freely. do not try to start it if they do not, bad things may happen. you do need some small pressure at cranking speed to get fuel into the plunger, so the tank pump or the booster pump must be working

Tank pump is working fine as so is the plunger. What kind of bad things??? I removed the 2 wired 8-32 slot screws that hold it in and when that is done, the rod moves very free to the compensator. I even removed the compensator to verify that we were ok there.

I still have some binding between the plate and the arm and that is whats keeping it from moving freely. Its much better than what it was but I pushed it forward and I still do not have any fuel to the inj lines. The plunger on the other hand is getting fuel and working just fine.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, while taking the head off the top tab plate for the timing broke loses so now I dont know where the timing is at; however on the bright side the bottom smaller o-ring was not on the head. So i think i know what the cause of the fuel in the crank case was. Is this right?

If I am wrong please correct me. To fix timing issue, my plan of action is to remove injector number one and spend the motor over to top dead center in cylinder 1 (exhaust stroke). By doing this i hope to accomplish that it brings the main IP in time, which will cause the gears to be in the right position to drop the head back in with the red tooth in line with the hash mark.

vtdeucedriver

Well, while taking the head off the top tab plate for the timing broke loses so now I dont know where the timing is at; however on the bright side the bottom smaller o-ring was not on the head. So i think i know what the cause of the fuel in the crank case was. Is this right?

If I am wrong please correct me. To fix timing issue, my plan of action is to remove injector number one and spend the motor over to top dead center in cylinder 1 (exhaust stroke). By doing this i hope to accomplish that it brings the main IP in time, which will cause the gears to be in the right position to drop the head back in with the red tooth in line with the hash mark.
Thats what I would do.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
if you line the red tooth up with the pointer, it will not run. that IS NOT a timing mark. i am sorry to say, many people who attempt to repair the IP just don't know what they are doing and don't read the manual first. it will take someone who really understands the system to properly time the engine at this point.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor

exhaust stroke?? no, that is wrong. really, find someone local who can help you before it gets worse.

highfavor1004

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do understand however at this point I cant pay any one to come help me because I have no money and non of the guys locally have ever messed with IP unit before. So i am up **** creek with out a paddle. I was always told that it had to be top dead center exhaust stroke if that is wrong will you please correct me. I am by my self on this project and been way deep over my head since the beginning. I have read the TM however in this situation it would just tell me to you replace the hole IP.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks