• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV acquisition and rebuild

DatGuyC

Very nice, yours looks almost just like mine :cool:

If those are the stock aluminum brackets for the light bar you might want to replace them with something made of steel or a thicker piece, the thin aluminum cracks and can break from the vibrations.

jeremymx26

Thank you.

As far as brush guard I have the flat style.
I installed the brush guard brackets and bumper this past weekend.

I was changing the belts and hoses and found the coolant tube from the radiator to the water pump rust pitted.
Orderd more parts. Hopefully I can get the rear main seal, oil pump, and oil pan changed this weekend.

jeremymx26

image.jpgBrush guard is on!
Replaced the rear main seal and filled the fluids. Flexible brake hoses and new parking brake assembly installed.
After filling the coolant noticed the water pump leaking.
So while replacing the water pump. I replaced the fan, fan shroud, hydraulic fan clutch, and all of the belts.
I also had a chance to install the fan clutch plumbing and alternator.

I primed the fuel system at the filter with a fluid evacuator which worked great.
Installed the batterys and after almost a year she fired right up.

Unfortunately there was the pesky oil leak at the bell housing. At first I thought I possibly did the rear main seal incorrectly. With the engine running and the inspection cover for the starter removed I can see oil coming out of the rear cam plug.

Out with the transmission I suppose.:-(

machinist75

Did you lay down behr house paint with rattle can for the brown and black? If so how did the rattle can do. I would think the house paint would really absorb it up.

jeremymx26

It worked really well. The overspray of the black and brown really looks great. I tried taping off at first on one part but it didn't look right. I am working outside and the sun really bakes the paint rather quickly.

I would recommend it. Easy to use.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks