• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV M1097R1 specific

m35a

Looks great! What was your process? Rattle cans or what? I hope to start painting mine soon.
Basic paint prep and tons of sanding to include heavy degreaser and using a hot pressure wash. Paint and primer are single stage urethane that use catalyst and reducers then shot through a cheap Lowes HVLP gun.

mccullek

Basic paint prep and tons of sanding to include heavy degreaser and using a hot pressure wash. Paint and primer are single stage urethane that use catalyst and reducers then shot through a cheap Lowes HVLP gun.
Thanks for info. Looks really good. Hope mine turns out that well.

hmmwv-newbie

How did your HMMWV look on arrival? Progress?
It started right up and drives but pulls to the right, someone local is going to show me how to align it. Alternator rattles a bit but other than that I’ve still been driving it after a full lube up. Need to figure out why the heater doesn’t blow on the drivers side floor because that will hurt my ability to drive it in winter.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It started right up and drives but pulls to the right, someone local is going to show me how to align it. Alternator rattles a bit but other than that I’ve still been driving it after a full lube up. Need to figure out why the heater doesn’t blow on the drivers side floor because that will hurt my ability to drive it in winter.
Address the alt ASAP, usually loose and or broken bolts.

Guyfang

Staff member
I would like to correct something here. This is not a list of TM's you need to work on the truck. This is a list of MWO's, (Modification Work Orders) that has been applied to the truck.

All those TM numbers you see should be the TM's you will want to use when working on your 1097.

1699882123783.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks