• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

hmmwv tow bar

DatGuyC

Informative thread even for those who are sans HMWWV. My question from the outside looking in, are the HMMWV tow shackle anchors available? They look somehwat useful on another project I have.
part number 12342404, like the other guy said much more expensive at about $50 each if you shop around

diesel dave

I was under the impression that flat towing a Hmmwv is a no no unless you remove both drive shafts. I read in a tm that flat towing could be done for less than 10 miles at a speed not to exceed 30 mph. It seems the previous post by 70 deuce showing the front lifted and rear drive shaft removed confirms this?

Action

I, personally, do not see how flat towing works.
If the front vehicle makes a turn, wouldn't some of the Humvee tires have to slide sideways on the pavement?

ryanruck

Figured I'd resurrect this thread so I didn't have to start a new one...

Recently picked up one of the black Ibis Tek HMMWV towbars (for just $50! :mrgreen:) but it's missing all the rubber handled hitch pins.

Does anyone have the dimensions of both the thicker and thinner ones?

ryanruck

Figured I'd resurrect this thread so I didn't have to start a new one...

Recently picked up one of the black Ibis Tek HMMWV towbars (for just $50! :mrgreen:) but it's missing all the rubber handled hitch pins.

Does anyone have the dimensions of both the thicker and thinner ones?
Since no one had the answer, I'll follow up with what the correct pins are in case anyone else needs the info for future reference.

The larger pins that go through the shackles are 3/4"x4" and the smaller ones that go through the legs are 3/8"x4".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks