• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's in New Jersey area for a shoot?

misspelledpro

Hey everyone. I wasn't exactly sure where to post this thread, so I thought maybe this would be the right place. If it isn't, I sincerely apologize.

Anyway, I am in the pre-production stage to a web series to be shot in the early weeks of December. I am looking for a HMMWV for the shoot and so far have come up empty. I was curious if anyone on this forum might have an HMMWV or know anyone who has one, who would be willing to rent it out for the shoot. I would need it for about 3 or 4 days, so I would prefer someone local.

Any help hunting one down would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

BLK HMMWV

Hi
I'm no where near you I'm sure you will have some people in your area reply.

They will ask a few ?'.
So get ready:
Here are a few you might be asked.
Is it a paying gig? if so how much?
Is it a student film or for a production company?
Is it going to be a static display (not driven used as a prop) or will it need to be drivin or moving for the movie? Who's paying fuel costs?
Will you provide insurance for it ?
Will there be security 24/7 ?
Can the owner be in the film?
What kind of film.

Everyone has there own set of questions and needs.
This is just the basics.
Since it is your first post here you may be asked a few questions to also establish some background info about you and your company.

Good luck
BH

Last edited:

misspelledpro

thanks for the response! I'm well prepared to answer all the question, but I appreciate the input. I've done films with other vehicles, this is my first one with MVs, though, which is why I haven't posted on this site before. Thanks for the help!

misspelledpro

haha, sure thing:

Is it a paying gig? if so how much? Yes, it is a paying gig. I would like to talk price with serious inquiries
Is it a student film or for a production company? This is an ultra low/micro budget Web Series being filmed under the new media SAG-AFTRA contract. It is not a student film, but is the first project under my own production company (misspelled produckshuns).. not to be mistaken as my first project.
Is it going to be a static display (not driven used as a prop) or will it need to be drivin or moving for the movie? Who's paying fuel costs? The vehicle will need to be moving in a few shots, and static in the majority. I can cover fuel costs. The owner will be able to drive the vehicle for any movement needed on or off camera.
Will you provide insurance for it ? I've never been in the position to cover insurance, but will cover if need be. We will not be on major roads
Will there be security 24/7 ? The set will be run by a skeleton crew and i do not foresee security being there. We will not be leaving anything on set while we are off set, but I can provide storage space
Can the owner be in the film? I do have 2 or 3 roles set aside that the owner is more than welcome to have if they would like.
What kind of film? The project is a horror-scifi suspense thriller following 4 soldiers as they are fighting for their lives against super natural (zombie like) beings upon arriving to their base and finding it overrun.

A little about me:

My name is Stanton Prescott. 26 years old, born and raised in new jersey, spent my last 3 years in Los Angeles, and moved back here to produce and film this web series. my IMDb is: Stanton Prescott - IMDb. This project is the first official project under my own banner, Misspelled Produckshuns (Misspelled Produckshuns | Facebook) The HMMWV will be needed for the Pilot and parts of the 2nd episode, both of which will be shot at the same location in the same time frame.

misspelledpro

Thanks for the info on you. That makes us feel much better about you. Maybe you should ask for a M35 if you can't find HMMWV.
I'm not sure a M35 would work. they're supposed to be coming back from a routine patrol and I think a M35 is too much. besides, there's only 4 of them. I would think a jeep would be a better back up, but i'd really prefer a HMMWV. Thanks for the input, though! I will keep that in the back of my mind.

tourus

If I had what you were looking for I would in a heart beat JUST FOR FUN not all this who is PAY WHAT . We on this site say permote M/V's and get out in public well here is the chance but the first question is about MONEY . MONEY . what ever happened to fun let's do a film and the chance to be on TV. ok it the film might have to work around my job and what time I have off but hey what a chance to do something fun. why is the first thing poeple ask is who is paying for what. just my two cents. come on NJ. step up and lets hear from you. now I dont own a HMMWV but I do own a 1010 and a 1028 .....2cents2cents

misspelledpro

If I had what you were looking for I would in a heart beat JUST FOR FUN not all this who is PAY WHAT . We on this site say permote M/V's and get out in public well here is the chance but the first question is about MONEY . MONEY . what ever happened to fun let's do a film and the chance to be on TV. ok it the film might have to work around my job and what time I have off but hey what a chance to do something fun. why is the first thing poeple ask is who is paying for what. just my two cents. come on NJ. step up and lets hear from you. now I dont own a HMMWV but I do own a 1010 and a 1028 .....2cents2cents
it wasn't until I moved to Hollywood that people started bringing up money, haha. I've gotten some modded cars, all for free. dozens of them. But that was before people thought i was 'successful'. anyways, times are tough. I get that. And I understand. I'll be honest, my payout won't be amazing, but I def. want to help someone help me. thanks for the response, tourus.

BLK HMMWV

Well since I was the first to reply to him. I'm guessing your point about money is aimed at me.
So let me ask you a few questions.
Are you retired or independently wealthy , or presently working to try and feed your family.
Do you work for yourself or someone that provides you with paid vacation days off.
Just an FYI for you I do have a HMMWV and have donated it's use to several different projects for free depending upon if the project was for a charity , a veteran related need, a student film or a production company. Hence the questions relating to money.
So don't tell me i'm not promoting MV's and only on this site for money.
You obviously don't own a HMMWV

I will step off the soap box now .
And make room for the Fun Guy.

BLK HMMWV

You may also want to try posting over on G503.com .
But you will probably be asked the same questions .
Perhapse in a different order but they will still ask the same questions.
BH

battlebuggy

The Military Transport Assn of New Jersey supplies all types of military vehicles including humvees all the time for photo ops and movie productions. They also supply personnel and drivers as needed. The have an officer in the MTA who is tasked with handling all the vehicle rentals. Just hop on Military Transport Association (MTA) home page, northern New Jersey, USA and post your request. The webmaster will pass it through to the proper person who will deal with it. Hope this helps.

misspelledpro

The Military Transport Assn of New Jersey supplies all types of military vehicles including humvees all the time for photo ops and movie productions. They also supply personnel and drivers as needed. The have an officer in the MTA who is tasked with handling all the vehicle rentals. Just hop on Military Transport Association (MTA) home page, northern New Jersey, USA and post your request. The webmaster will pass it through to the proper person who will deal with it. Hope this helps.
thanks. I actually went to them first, but haven't heard back from them yet (its been 4 days... i figure it'll take at least a week, so i'll wait a bit longer) but thanks for the input!