• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HMMWV's in New Jersey area for a shoot?

rickf

The work was taken right off of the board in the hall! I took every job available in all kinds of weather. The old timers bitched because I was cutting into their gravy jobs in the nice weather along with taking the jobs nobody wanted in the winter. THAT is why they dropped my book, I stepped on the good ole boys toes. Sound familiar? As far as the movie thing, I am done commenting on that. The show, I had planned on going to your show instead of Aberdeen next year, it was not you that made the comment so I will wait for an answer from the guy who asked the question. When your Sargent at arms throws out a sarcastic comment like that then the whole world gets to see the attitude of your club. Let's see how he handles it. I have heard it is a good show and I would like to go, I guess it depends on his answer to my question.

emr

Maybe you should leave the coasts and move to the middle of the country. I'd be happy to let you use my MVs for free, would drive them for you, and would probably not worry about fuel reimbursement unless I had to burn over a half tank.
It is a cutthroat place near the coasts, No coverage will leave u with nothing, in a heart beat, as nice people always want to help, the its business here, and is well not that nice, Like I said, the first thing that goes wrong, it will hit the fan, I could never put my family and home in jeopardy, If your vehicle rolled and killed some one, or just hit the wrong rich guy, it would be all over for all your toys, sad but true,

FormerNewMVGuy

The work was taken right off of the board in the hall! I took every job available in all kinds of weather. The old timers bitched because I was cutting into their gravy jobs in the nice weather along with taking the jobs nobody wanted in the winter. THAT is why they dropped my book, I stepped on the good ole boys toes. Sound familiar? As far as the movie thing, I am done commenting on that. The show, I had planned on going to your show instead of Aberdeen next year, it was not you that made the comment so I will wait for an answer from the guy who asked the question. When your Sargent at arms throws out a sarcastic comment like that then the whole world gets to see the attitude of your club. Let's see how he handles it. I have heard it is a good show and I would like to go, I guess it depends on his answer to my question.

You are welcome to come to our show anytime. Also I dont really have an attitude, Just stir the pot every now and again , to see if anyone takes the bait :)

I also want everyone to know the all the money we as a club bust our butts to make , is all donated to veterans organizations and active duty soldiers, in one form or another.

We all like bust each others chops, it is just clean fun. I have thick skin and can take it. But to any one who had there sensitve feelings hurt , i would like to say , I'M SORRY.... I will try to behave myself in the future.

See you at the show Mr.F

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As a M/V owner and amateur film maker, I am getting SUCH a kick out of this thread.....

My current film wouldn't even be considered "micro" budget.... I am using my deuce, my friends are using their vehicles (at their own expense) and when the shooting day is done, every one packs up and heads home.

I also have a club owner who let me shoot in his place (for free, and even went so far as to explain to his crowd what was going on and they participated for free), a restaurant has let me shoot free and other locations have been extremely happy to allow me to shoot.

I don't have a dog in this fight directly, but I can understand the O/Ps questions and restraints. (Budget etc).

Personally, I think the problem is everyone who wants to "help" nowadays has their hands out or has the mentality "He's gonna get his, so I want mine..." Personally, if I were in Jersey and fit your requirements I would jump at the chance. As it is, I'm offshore and based in Central Louisiana. I **can** however, make this offer: If you need help with editing, titles or SFX, please PM me and I will give you an addy to send film to with whatever requirements you need as far as editing or SFX etc and I'll be glad to do it free. (I don't even need credit). I will also keep anything about your film in the strictest confidentiality.

I am fascinated by the film industry and am learning the ropes and will be glad to get the experience.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

rickf

Well stated sir, I plan to be there. Might I point out that a few post back you had noted that you were an officer in the club. At that point everything you say in the thread following is as a representative of the club. Once you state your position in an organization that is the subject of a discussion you should conduct yourself as a representative of that organization. people will see the organization as an extension of you. I pretty much made clear in my posts what I thought the organization was about, and there was NEVER ANY indication of ANY money being donated. Other than to the truck owners pockets. Go back and reread the posts and tell me if you see otherwise. The going rate is 900.00 to cover costs and "salary". Salary is not a donation, it is pocket money. Never was it mentioned that the club made any money, just the owners. Who decides what owners make the money? Just some things to think about if this type of conversation ever comes up again. I will be sure to wear a name tag and a target when I come up in April.

Rick

emr

Rick, You seem to have a need to have a last word and last dig, I am sorry you do that, I don't believe this site or this thread needs that, With that said I will clarify a few things for you that you do not seem to get, and for some reason even though you dont want to join a club, you sure have allot to say about them,

Here it goes, i said the going rate for a Humvee is 900, that is the current rate out there, and we abide by it as a club, If The MTA brokers the deal , meaning the car rental company or movie people come to the club first, the club gets 10% for the use of the committee, and the job thru us, This is a business, That is personal MTA business, but I will share this with you once, are you writing a book ? really. Not sure of your issues, But they seem to not be able to let this go, Scott never ever did anything but hold himself to the highest standard and I back Him 100% and all who know Him do also, Scott simply stated that ALL the monies the MTA takes in goes directly to Soldiers Home and Abroad, i will go as far as to say, I would bet we are the most active with Guard units with direct involvement and money support, with Wounded Soldiers, active soldiers with involvement and Money,and Service personnel over seas, we send so many box's its amazing, we have adopted units,The most recent in Kosavo,...Also since the first bus left NJ for the first gulf war, and yes at 0300 we had a huge amount of MTA guys sending them off from Northern nj, So Scott is 100% correct in what He said, I feel you may be twisting things on purpose at this point, You and all are welcome to our show, I will say as President we are not interested in people with a divisive attitude, We know what we do and who we are, We welcome support from ALL who come with a positive attitude and want to have FUN< We do not need any confrontation and will not tolerate it. I will not reply anymore, it seems to be feeding you some weird vibes, I do not want to be apart of that, If you ever want to debate me in person call me, 973 219 4499, we can meet, That is the way to handle such silliness, not in a thread where you try to twist everything.

Last edited:

misspelledpro

emr-

If you re-read my original post for this thread, i clearly state that I am looking to RENT a vehicle. I have not expected anyone to hand me their vehicle, I have not asked for any freebies or handouts. I was simply asking if anyone had an HMMWV i could rent for a shoot. I then was contacted and told to message a member of the NJMTA with an HMMWV. After going back and forth a few times, and getting as much information available regarding the rental, I clearly stated that the rough estimate I was given was half my entire budget, I thanked him for his time, and I went on my merry way.

If you could point out one instance where I ask for a free use of a HMMWV without any compensation, I will end this discussion and bow out. My offense taken is not out of jealousy. I am offended by you calling me a 'fly by' filmmaker and attacking my legitimacy.

I don't understand how my age has anything to do with it at this point... I am just amazed how asking for some help/information turned into something like this.

At this point, if a moderator could lock this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. I agree with emr that all has been said at this point and this thread is spiraling off course. I have also found an HMMWV that will be perfect for my shoot, fit within my budget, and both parties are extremely happy, insured, and compensated... Thanks to Black HMMWV and rick for all the help and suggestions on other places to find what I was looking for, and thanks to the support and interest and well wishes from everyone else.

quickfarms

I have seen this many times out here where they want a particular vehicle at some out of the way location and do not want to pay for the transportation costs.

It can easily cost $600 a day to have a vehicle hauled to and from the location.

Any legitimate company will provide the vehicle owner with an insurance certificate naming them as additional insured.