• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hubsteps for Deuces

Jones

Hey Kenny,
That's a great, and functional, way to carry spare drums. Leave it to you to always come up with a better way.

jesusgatos,
Simple-- just include some lug nuts and inside nut/studs like the rear duals use in your "hub step kit".

jesusgatos

jesusgatos,
Simple-- just include some lug nuts and inside nut/studs like the rear duals use in your "hub step kit".
Well ****, why didn't I think of that? Good idea!

I can cut your parts if you havent found a shop to do it. I also seen some interest in various replacement patch panels which I can make up also if there is enough interest in them.
Thanks. I got your PM, and sent a reply.

Hey Streetbikedepot, have you seen the lift kit built by Ridgerunner in Lifting a Bobbed deuce thread? Do you think you could cut some plates and sell those to those of us interested? I already aske Ridgerunner if he mids people playing copy-cat, and he said that was fine with him, so how about it? Will you do it for the Gipper?
Sorry, didn't mean to highjack this thread or anything, just saw the offer by SBD and thought he might also cut some other things for us.

jesusgatos

Just received the first samples of the new hubsteps (having Ballistic Fabrication cut all the parts for me). Will post some more pics of them mounted on Mah Deuce after I weld 'em up. 1st batch of hubsteps will be available as soon as I've verified that the new design is good to go. Pricing still TBD, but I'll definitely be offering a solid SS member discount!

Attachments

Last edited:

SSWaters

How much for an unwelded version? I have a side welding business so I could finish it myself.

Really cool looking idea, I love how it looks on the flange.

Have you shown it over to the rockcrawling 4x4 crowd. Guys who run "hub out" might be interested.

The "show" 4x4 crowd might like it to.

I like it beacause you can leave it on and slip the wheel on & off over it.

Last edited:

jesusgatos

I'm not sure, but I think it's likely that I'll end up offering an unwelded kit for sale. The pieces all lock together, so assembly and welding is a breeze. Plus, I'm not really trying to go into the business of making/selling anything on a large scale, so if I can save myself the trouble of having to assemble/weld them I'm all for that. I'm going to post them up on Pirate4x4 as soon as the first batch of production hubsteps are ready for sale.

Atomic

This is why I like this site. Cool ideas from good people. Good Idea and I hope it goes well for you!! I might be interested in a set in the near future.

:beer:

jesusgatos

So here's how they went together:

Start by fitting each of the spokes into the slots in the inner step-ring

Then position the inner step ring and all the spokes on top of the bolt ring (the steps are keyed to the bolt-ring)

Then set the outer step ring down top of all the spokes (the steps are keyed to the outer step-ring)

Weld it up

Grind it down

Ta-Da! All done. Here's a picture of a new-style hubstep next to the old-style hubstep. Note that the new hubstep sticks out just a little bit further, and the spokes make nice ramps to help slide the wheels up onto the hubs.

Attachments

jesusgatos

And here's what they look like on Mah Deuce:

The small hooks that I added to the end of each of the spokes keep the wheel/tire from falling off the hub while the axle is up in the air. The way that the profile of the spokes also makes it a LOT easier to mount a wheel/tire. Just hang it from the hubstep and then push/kick it up onto the hub/studs.

They fit great, and will work on the front AND back axles (stock hubs/axles). Going to make a few veeeeery small tweaks to the design files, and then have a whole batch of these things made.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks