• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hubsteps for Deuces

Wozdirt

New Hub Steps look awesome! I think they would be perfect on the back of truck with super singles. I am constantly climbing over the the side of my bed using the hub and tire as a step.

Keep us posted on the price and availability.

jesusgatos

Thanks. They're not particularly useful on the back two axles on Mah Deuce, which is singled on 11:00's on custom wheels, but that's just because of the box. I only put them on there so show how they fit and what they look like.

jesusgatos

Got the new samples welded-up and installed on Mah Deuce today. Really happy with how they turned-out. So I gave Ballistic the green-light to go ahead and cut the rest of them.

Should have hubsteps available and ready to ship within the next week or so. I'm going to offer this first batch (assembled/welded, but unpainted) to SS members for $100/pair (including USPS priority flat-rate shipping), and I'll be making a small donation to SS for every pair sold to an SS member. I'd also like to do some sort of giveaway. You know, sort of like they do on Pirate. Is that something we can do? I guess I could always just pull names out of a hat if I have to. I'll start a new thread after I've received the hubsteps. Don't want to take any orders/money until parts are ready to ship. In the meantime, here are a few pics:

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

pic 6

Attachments

Last edited:

jesusgatos

After I sell through this first batch, the price is going up to $125/pair (including shipping, and SS donations will continue). This introductory pricing and the giveaway is just my way of saying thanks to everyone for your support!

jesusgatos

Just talked to Ballistic, and they said parts should ship by this wednesday. Evidently their laser table was down, and had to be serviced, so my order got delayed. Sorry for the hold-up to those of you that have been waiting. I'll post-up as soon as I receive them, and will be able to start assembling and shipping them out immediately.

jesusgatos

Sorry for the delay. Being told that they've been having problems with their laser all month, and have been promised that hubsteps will ship by the end of this week. Thanks for your patience, to those of you that have been waiting.

tm america

i love the design..Looks like you really put alot of time into them..Knowing what it costs to have them cut and the time to weld them up..you did a great job at a great price..

tm america

i got a great idea- option for you with these steps..:idea:maybe you could enclose the center part so they could be installed in place of the rear axles or front hub covers for guys making trailers or wanting to relieve some binding on long hauls?..i would be in the market for some that are setup as dummy caps...maybe you could just make the cover peice out of thin metal to fit inside of what you already make as it would be nicely protected

jesusgatos

That's a good idea about the dummy caps, but I don't think it would make too much sense to make them an integral part of these hubsteps. Simple/separate sheetmetal part might be better in this case. Could definitely have some of those made though if there's any interest. If you want to cut some yourself, I could also just provide you with some measurements/blueprints.

tm america

i agree it would be better as a separate part that could be used with your hub steps.. they could be like 1/8 inch thick it could be cut from a flat piece the center cut out would become the end cap..and you would just use a peice of round tube to space the end cap the appropriate amount

tm america

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time getting someone to cut them out right for you..i don't blame you for wanting them right before you start putting them out there ..Better to take your time and get them right than to be remember for making junk..

jesusgatos

Think I've found a place to get these hubsteps made. Cost has gone way up though. But hopefully, the quality will reflect that. Planning on having a small batch of these made, and will not be taking any money until I have parts ready to ship, but would like to hear from anyone who is interested. Expect final price per pair to be somewhere right around $150.

jesusgatos

Received the new samples and they look great. Much better than those parts that I had Ballistic cut for me. Satisfied with the quality, went ahead and ordered 10pr. Price will be $150pr. That will include priority flat-rate shipping to anywhere in the lower 48 and they will come welded/unpainted. Expect that it be about two weeks before have parts ready to ship, and won't be taking any money until then. But if you want to reserve a set, please post-up!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks