• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

huge grayling deuce auction

miltruckman

Hi guys,

We arrived early and worked late. It took my crew three trips to getr all 17 trocks offsite.

It was a real rodeo, I inspected the trucks and bid by lot number and it is a good thing I did it that way as several trucks were one persons by the lot number and another bidders by NCID #.

They(GOVLiquidation decided to release them by lot # so we seperated out all of our trucks in that way

We a

Last edited by a moderator:

maxim

I am home with a nice multi-colored dropside (Kiwat sticker and all). It ran fine a for the 100 miles and no real issues. Here are some picts for you pict hounds. I shall not comment on anything else ........there will be plenty of that. 140 M35's is quite a sight...

Attachments

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least you are all safe (I hope).

Update us when you can and take care Bill.

steve

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just rec'd word of Bill's convoy (about 1/2 of his trucks) heading South on I-75 towards home.
The other half are parked at an undisclosed semi secure location.
If all goes well they will get home b-4 dark.

To everyone who was there, sure wish we all had more time with out all the "which truck do we get drama"
Truely a great bunch of guys. Hope to see some of you next Sat in Oscoda and the 25th in Grayling.

Last edited:

miltruckman

Finally back to a computer. Thanks to all hands that helped and drove trucks. I was trying to type on a laptop earlier, not too successfully, and got cut off.
We arrived at the site about 8:30 or so. I gave GovLiq "Joe" a call and he said he would arrive about 9:30 AM so we headed over to BigBoy and hit the breakfast buffet. We got back again just as Joe was opening the gate.
He just let everyone in and left them find all their trucks on their own. From that point it was a marathon. Finding trucks, checking fluids, jumping them and lining them up angle park fashion over by the front fence. I had inspected all the trucks earlier and had only bid on lots that did not have winches, ran and had brakes. Though most of them had to be jumped. We had most of them lined up when the trouble started. The problem was that some people had bid by lot number (I had) and some by a government identification number. From what I know of Auction law, the Lot number and a customers "due diligence" in inspecting the lots he plans to bid on supersedes discrepancies in advertising. The Gov Liquidation site also states this.
Evidently GovLiquidations main office decided to go by lot number too, as after a very long couple of hours Joe gave the word to use lot numbers only.
BobH and I in effect swapped trucks by taking our lots as marked. Even though the ID#s were switched.
I am really glad I did not bid on(or get) any winch trucks either by lot # or ID # as there were and will be some pretty unhappy people who don't get what they expect to from the photos.
I am glad I am not in "Joe's shoes" as there will be more of the same problems to deal with tomorrow.
Anyway, we got all 17 trucks off the site by 2:30PM and I hear Joe closed op at 3PM (so that was a close one!)
We rallied all the trucks a few miles away and picked out the best runners to head south with. Due to all the confusion and a late start we finally pulled in at home with 8 trucks at around 10:30 PM Safe and sound.
I have to get to bed as I have an early and long meeting starting tomorrow.
Good luck everyone! I hope your army truck retrieval goes well too,
Signing off, and photos to follow when I get time,
Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite the circus there yesterday, I'm sure today is going to be just as bad, if not worse!
Good luck to all making pick-ups today!

TedG

Excellent recovery Bill! I wish I could have made it. It is good to hear that GLMVPA/SS guys get along well!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the plans for the 17 recovered trucks:?:
Resell:?:
Abstract Art :)idea:Buried on end like the Cadillacs in Texas):!::?:
MV Experience Theme Park (Drive an Army Truck like Yo Daddy Did):?:
OD Demolition Derby:?:

Honestly... What are your plans for them?
Thanks,
John

firetruckie517

Eric the kids Jess and i had a ball cant wate tell the next trip
after the lots were stratened out everything went well
it was verry late when we got home but still fun
we have a ton of pics
will post some later

mike

BugEyeBear

Bill,

So glad to hear that you got the trucks you inspected, wanted, bid on, & won! :hammer:

Sounds like the GovLiq BIG"Joe" needs to figure out a better way to manage these auctions so that bidders can bid with confidence that they will get the item depicted!
Not everyone has the opportunity to do a hands on inspection, so if these auctions continue to have gov ID #s that don't match lot numbers interest will soon diminish.

Condolences to anyone who got screwed over by the mis-match. :shock: :-x :cry:
HOPEFULLY GovLiq will allow you to retract your bid if the item isn't what you thought it was gonna be!
After all, they can always relist them CORRECTLY and start the bidding process again!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new FLEET! [thumbzup]

"Cheers!"
-Bear-

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to know what happened with the M919. I understand to went advertised as an M35A2 and sold for $1340.00! What a deal!!!

Pawnshop

We picked up a couple of trucks from Ft.Sam yesterday and the GL rep made SURE to only ID the trucks by the code number on the receipt/yellow sticker, he DID NOT use the auction/lot numbers. All of my pickups have been ID'd by auction/lot in the past but I got the impression that there is a new mandate from Arizona and the code number will be the way from now on. Everything matched so it was OK, but that seems contrary to the way "Joe" did it up there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks