• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrolocked, big repair ahead.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Someone on another forum asked where they could get dimensions for a part. I answered. Now if they had asked for the dimensions of the part, the answer would have been different.
Lol. Action you are so absolute and every word has intent. Not everyone is so precise. You and a few others here are the ones that know everything and where to get it. I’m still trying to learn and I have already had a few expensive lessons. You have help me to avoid a few others. Thank you for your help

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So i just figure out that the 2 wires cut from the turbo wiring harness are the 3C which is a ground and the 68A going to the battery, everything wlse seems healthy. I guess i am going to make a good splice out of the old harness and install.

Attachments

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a couple of wires that they don't seem to be ripped from the harness and i found them onbthe box given to me with the engine. The wires are 349 B and 359 F, also 33 A. Can anyone confirmnif these wires are in the turbo wiring harness or they come separate. The reason why i am asking, if they are part of the harness it means the harness can be damaged.
Probably this is what retiredwarhorse was probably refering as i had some splicing ahead of me anyways.

Attachments

Action

There are a couple of wires that they don't seem to be ripped from the harness and i found them onbthe box given to me with the engine. The wires are 349 B and 359 F, also 33 A. Can anyone confirmnif these wires are in the turbo wiring harness or they come separate. The reason why i am asking, if they are part of the harness it means the harness can be damaged.
Probably this is what retiredwarhorse was probably refering as i had some splicing ahead of me anyways.
I have found an easy way to find where a wire goes. Open the TM pdfs and do a search for “359F”. It will take you to the pages showing install and removal of that wire. Look at top of page to see what harness it is.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found an easy way to find where a wire goes. Open the TM pdfs and do a search for “359F”. It will take you to the pages showing install and removal of that wire. Look at top of page to see what harness it is.
Action, i have gone up and down the TM's and have not found one for the turbo engine. I found the one for parts but does not show the wire harness. In this case i was curious to find out if it was a stand alone 3 wire harness as this one does not show any other damages. I have also followed the wires and can cut and splice however wouldn't like to damage the 6.5 L NA harness as someone else can use it.
I will try your method and see if i have better luck that way.

Action

Action, i have gone up and down the TM's and have not found one for the turbo engine. I found the one for parts but does not show the wire harness. In this case i was curious to find out if it was a stand alone 3 wire harness as this one does not show any other damages. I have also followed the wires and can cut and splice however wouldn't like to damage the 6.5 L NA harness as someone else can use it.
Try tm 9-2320-387-24-1. And tm 9-2320-387-24-2. They will show installation of the different harnesses. It lists each wire by the tag numbers.
The wiring diagrams are the very last few pages of this -2 manual.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try tm 9-2320-387-24-1. And tm 9-2320-387-24-2. They will show installation of the different harnesses. It lists each wire by the tag numbers.
The wiring diagrams are the very last few pages of this -2 manual.
Thanks. That narrows down a lot.
If i recall correctly in my earlier posts you are doing a swap similar to this, or i am confused with someone else?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
When you open the TM in PDF format, search with "FIND" on a mobile device or CTRL + F on a laptop or desktop computer. Then when you are looking for "359F" the computer can do all the work. It is a real PAIN to hunt down anything in these thousand page books without using search...

@Action isn't pulling your leg...
You will find it with just a little more help for sure.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When you open the TM in PDF format, search with "FIND" on a mobile device or CTRL + F on a laptop or desktop computer. Then when you are looking for "359F" the computer can do all the work. It is a real PAIN to hunt down anything in these thousand page books without using search...

@Action isn't pulling your leg...
You will find it with just a little more help for sure.
I know he is not, honestly it never occurred to me to search that way since i am new at surfing the TM's.
Will start searching tomorrow and see if i am missing anything wire wise.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do motor swaps in my sleep and by myself…I would never think of having all that serp in the way, the Generator already makes contact with components on the drivers side, the crank pulley will contact crossmembers going in.
Ive never reused an NA harness on a Tuebo motor, that’s like a nickel in a dime slot…they route 180 degrees from each other. Your going to need to make some wiring jumpers and splices already anyway, as the ECV body harness is different than your NA truck.
RWH can you tell me where the temp wire (33A) comes out of the turbo harness? on the NA it pops out on the rear left side where the oil pressure sending unit is where it connects to a small body harness.
EDIT, I found it, it was in the harness that came from the crank sensor and was cut,,, I can just make a jumper to the rear where the body harness is.

Last edited:

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I see your trying to use your existing harness. AMGeneral has new harnesses in stock if you need.

I was checking into this but i believe that part number is for a non turbo (not sure) i will have to check the other part nunber in stock which i believe is for the turbo. I believe the below link is for the turbo but i have to confirm this.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was checking into this but i believe that part number is for a non turbo (not sure) i will have to check the other part nunber in stock which i believe is for the turbo. I believe the below link is for the turbo but i have to confirm this.
The one you listed fits my non turbo m1123. The one I listed has the m1151 listed as compatible.

Scratch that, I looked up the part number and it comes at turbo. At least according to eastern surplus.

If you call Amgeneral they are really helpful with part numbers, might try that.

Last edited:

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The one you listed fits my non turbo m1123. The one I listed has the m1151 listed as compatible.

Scratch that, I looked up the part number and it comes at turbo. At least according to eastern surplus.

If you call Amgeneral they are really helpful with part numbers, might try that.

I spoke to AM general today and the part Number is 12469287 and they show it online but takes sometime to ship as they are short on wires. Go figure.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Engine is in the engine bay already, transmission bell attached to engine and torque conerter attached however i have to torque it down. I do have a question for the ones who have done this conversion or open to any ideas, how would you route the AC lines. If you look in the 2nd picture, this is the way they were before however. Now the exhaust and turbo are in the way, i thought about routing on the driver side then on top of the engine, open to ideas.

Attachments

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much of a body lift do you have?
I thought RWH said he had a harness, and then you said you were going to fix your harness.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How much of a body lift do you have?
I thought RWH said he had a harness, and then you said you were going to fix your harness.
2" lift on the body. I also have to drop the fuel tank.
Yes, i asked him how much he wanted but never got an answer back. I would like to install a new harness as it would give me piece of mind and honestly the NA harmess looks new and it would be a crime to chop it up.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2" lift on the body. I also have to drop the fuel tank.
Yes, i asked him how much he wanted but never got an answer back. I would like to install a new harness as it would give me piece of mind and honestly the NA harmess looks new and it would be a crime to chop it up.
Retiredwarehouse is a stand up guy and I bought stuff from him and he was so helpful. Try to pm him again and if you buy it from him he will probably be there to answer your questions.
what did you use for body lift? I bought 12 of the upper mounts that I was going to vulcanize and stack