• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrolocked, big repair ahead.

Action

Do you have any pictures of that? I am about to do a turbo motor conversion.
I am also told the GEP has a lower profile intake manifold and the 1/2" body lift may not be needed.
With the engine out, you can install the turbo doghouse and trace the pattern on top of tunnel (from engine side). You will have to figure out the lip. I have a factory turbo so i didnt have to do this.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Then you will have to do a fuel tank drop and also mod the area where the steering leaves the body to the steering box, but that is not too much work...
Thanks. Definitely will be less work than swapping engines for sure.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Decided to fit the 4 man soft top kit, mirrors and windshield glass while waiting on the engine. Of course i managed to break the passenger side windshield.
Were you able to get that rail to lay flat on the B-pillar? I couldn’t get mine to lay flat and it interfered with my xdoor seal and it didn’t want to close like it should.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Out of all the stuff you could break, at least that's a realatively easy and cheap fix. Glass half full and all that....
That is true; after the engine blew, the windshield is just a piece of cake. New one ordered today.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you able to get that rail to lay flat on the B-pillar? I couldn’t get mine to lay flat and it interfered with my xdoor seal and it didn’t want to close like it should.
Not really. As a matter of fact. The riv nut or insert on the B pilar passenger side popped out. I have to fix and install a new riv nut.

Crapgame

I have a 6.5l GEP-Turbo engine up in Navarre, FL, that I will be listing for sale soon.

I have the doghouse opening trim pieces, too, and maybe a turbo doghouse that needs a tiny bit of fiberglass patching.

Last edited:

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 6.5l GEP-Turbo engine up in Navarre, FL, that I will be listing for sale soon.

I have the doghouse opening trim pieces, too, and maybe a turbo doghouse that needs a tiny bit of fiberglass patching.
thank you, i might be interested in the dog house and the related parts. i have already sourced the engu=ine froma friend of a friend.

Crapgame

The 6.5L Turbo Doghouse: You can poprivet/cherry rivet/Permasilk the trim pieces in place then use a sawzall to remove the excess body hull that sticks out past the trim.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The yellow part is the tach signal generator for the STE/ICE diagnostic system. Move it over so you don't get water in your oil pump drive.
Thanks. I thought it could be a tach sender but since the wires go back to the transmission area and i have no tach i forgot about that idea.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it better to install the engine with the turbo already in or install the turbo later, after the engine is in place?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is it better to install the engine with the turbo already in or install the turbo later, after the engine is in place?
If you pull the turbocharger I hope you seal up the intake runner real good so you don't have a repeat performance.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You cannot install that oil pump drive or RPM sending unit with a center mount turbo, the center mount turbo engine has an oil pump drive that is more or less flush with the block, don't mess with it.
The turbo engine has a crankshaft sensor on the lower left side of the block, no need to mess with it unless you install a tach.

Action

You cannot install that oil pump drive or RPM sending unit with a center mount turbo, the center mount turbo engine has an oil pump drive that is more or less flush with the block, don't mess with it.
The turbo engine has a crankshaft sensor on the lower left side of the block, no need to mess with it unless you install a tach.
Rpm sensor on turbo is for TCM. The tach gets signal from alternator.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to know. So i leave that section alone. Do i have to do something to the wire going back to the transmission?
Another question, i have gone up and down almost every TM and i can not find one specific for turbo engines, can you point me in the right TM direction?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No you do not have to do anything with the wires they just go to the diag port.
The TMs are mixed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks