• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrolocked, big repair ahead.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retiredwarehouse is a stand up guy and I bought stuff from him and he was so helpful. Try to pm him again and if you buy it from him he will probably be there to answer your questions.
what did you use for body lift? I bought 12 of the upper mounts that I was going to vulcanize and stack
I bought 12 hockey pucks. Works perfect. Might change it in the future as does not match the size of the original body mount. I also thought about making it out of starboard. As of now it works.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Retiredwarehouse is a stand up guy and I bought stuff from him and he was so helpful. Try to pm him again and if you buy it from him he will probably be there to answer your questions.
what did you use for body lift? I bought 12 of the upper mounts that I was going to vulcanize and stack
I have been using this guy REAL HAPPY with his stuff, will build many different Dia., thicknesses and hole size to order.
https://www.mikellisbodylifts.com/shopmiscellaneous/hummer-h1-2-body-blocks
eBay link

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been using this guy REAL HAPPY with his stuff, will build many different Dia., thicknesses and hole size to order.
eBay link
Good to know. Seems good material. 👍

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
eBay link
So i will assume the rectangles are for the hood lift.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought 12 hockey pucks. Works perfect. Might change it in the future as does not match the size of the original body mount. I also thought about making it out of starboard. As of now it works.
I got the new upper mounts for 8.00 dollars from AMGeneral and after I ordered them they went up to like 30.00

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got the new upper mounts for 8.00 dollars from AMGeneral and after I ordered them they went up to like 30.00
Yeah, they have lost total respect for our money jajaja. I might replace the ones i used in the future, at least the rear ones as they look funny on the truck not matching the original mounts.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, they have lost total respect for our money jajaja. I might replace the ones i used in the future, at least the rear ones as they look funny on the truck not matching the original mounts.
I thought the stock options were the best for the money and my thinking was if one is good two is better. Lol

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought the stock options were the best for the money and my thinking was if one is good two is better. Lol
It usually is like that but, with those prices and how many thing we have to do/upgrade on these trucks, Is better to save a couple of bucks whenever possible.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anybody know of a cross reference number for a lift pump from napa or any other retailer. I guess i punctured my pump while mounting the engine.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts TM does not show a gasket, I doubt you can get a civi cross for the pump as it has a vent nipple that civi vehicles do not have.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The parts TM does not show a gasket, I doubt you can get a civi cross for the pump as it has a vent nipple that civi vehicles do not have.
that's what happens, i have been looking for the gasket but i dont see one. should not leak without gasket?
same on the pump, that's why i was asking.

WOLF DOG

eBay link
If you drill accurately a 7/16" bolt will surely go in a hole bored with a 7/16" drill bit

REF

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could not find that gasket in the TM, But I could not stop the exhaust leak. The gasket shown is a Fel pro 60718 / Mahle F7507 / Victor-Reinz 711365500.I went to rockauto.com and looked at a 98 hummer H1. Its a 2 3/32" gasket, the metal lip on the flat side fits tight into the cast neck (turbo down pipe) and the bevel faces the pipe.
Note: can be a bear to get started strait into the cast without bending the lip -- buy 2

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I could not find that gasket in the TM, But I could not stop the exhaust leak. The gasket shown is a Fel pro 60718 / Mahle F7507 / Victor-Reinz 711365500.I went to rockauto.com and looked at a 98 hummer H1. Its a 2 3/32" gasket, the metal lip on the flat side fits tight into the cast neck (turbo down pipe) and the bevel faces the pipe.
Note: can be a bear to get started strait into the cast without bending the lip -- buy 2
thanks man. will order right now.