• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I added a Muffler, in Disguise!!

eldgenb

Well everyone that I let ride in the deuce tries to hold a conversation with me with limited results. My wife complains about me taking my three year old out because it is too loud and he won't keep ear muffs on, I hate the look of mufflers running up the side of a deuce, my solution??? A muffler that you can hardly tell is there.:idea::grin:

Attachments

powerhouseduece

Well everyone that I let ride in the deuce tries to hold a conversation with me with limited results. My wife complains about me taking my three year old out because it is too loud and he won't keep ear muffs on, I hate the look of mufflers running up the side of a deuce, my solution??? A muffler that you can hardly tell is there.:idea::grin:

Im not a fan of mufflers but I actually like yours!

But then again I used to take my oldlady out in the deuce just so she WON'T talk!

eldgenb

video with sound?
I will work on that, as far a a verbal difference, this is a whistler, and at idle you can hardly hear the whistle, This is a Donaldson muffler for big trucks so the sound type has not changed but just how loud it gets is dramatically reduced. While driving the engine noise far exceeds the exhaust noise. A very nice compromise between stock and silent. I will go out and see if I can attach video. Do I have to do that through U-tube?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please share the part number and cost! How did you attach the heat shield/guard? That looks nice.

Not sure how, but I think you can attach a video here, or just post a link to YouTube.

Last edited:

eldgenb

the muffler is a donaldson m070028 that was $79, the exhaust is 3.5" and the heat shield is 6" the muffler is 19.75" long by 7" wide. I had to cut the mounts off the the shield and about 4" out of the length of the guard to make it flush with the muffler. Then I bent the guard a little to fit around the 7" muffler before I tack welded the top metal band back onto the flat expanded metal of the guard and then tack welded the guard assembly directly to the muffler. I also raised the exhaust by 5" overall to have a little more clearance over the cab.

Last edited:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's great! I love how stealthy it is. You wouldn't notice it until you are literally standing next to it.

Very good, thanks for posting.

GoldComet6

I think it looks great! I've seen some mufflers that didn't look good because they were so obvious. Yours is mounted low so it retains the stock look of a turbo, but makes it a quieter truck. Nice work!

:grd:

eldgenb

So far it has not changed my performance, it is a little deceiving because the growl of the miltifuel is adrenaline by itself so when it accelerates much quieter you think that it is not as strong but you realize that it has always been a sheep in wolfs clothing. the part # is M070028, a great supplier is Air Flow Systems Inc. ask for Scott, he is the one that helped me figure it out. There # is 509-535-3687 or Dynaflex Chrome Muffler Stacks | Chrome Stacks | Rubber Intake Elbows | Donaldson Mufflers
When I was done welding I carc'd the entire setup.

eldgenb

yes it is quiet enough to take the ear plugs out. The engine is still pretty noisy but its a diesel, not much you can do about that. There is still exhaust note but only under acceleration the constant whistle and growl are considerably quieter and hard acceleration up grades are now doable with the top off and no hearing protection as well!!:p:p:p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks