• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I don't fit in the truck!!!

4x4e350

I'm 6' 4", and when I asked this question, I heard a lot about losing weight also. Weight is not a issue with me, just long legs. The best thing I did was move the pedals down 3", I have pics posted here some where. Ultimately I turned my M818 into a crew cab, that was the safest thing I found to do.

91W350

I am a big man too, but I did not have any trouble with the deuce seat. If I flip the adjuster block around so the rear of the seat is low, the front of the seat is on the upper hook and the seat back is slid all the way up, I get along good. I have not measured my legs for a long time, but when I was lifting I frequently squatted over 425, over 1200 in the calf rack, I rode all the century (100 mile) bike rides I could as a teenager, but that was years ago. As a result though, I still sport some big boy legs. Glen

heavy_308

I am reading this thread while I am eating a large piece of Edward's Turtle Pie. Mmmm
:roll:

while the turtle pie sounds ok.....
I was referring to chicken and dumplings, rabbit/squirrel and dumplings.....roast beef/mashed 'taters and gravy, home made yeast rolls... fried chicken, corned beef...watermelon ....mmmmm watermelon...AWWW heck

I have to stop thinking about that stuff.

I will lose some weight...matter of time. But I be gonna fit in the M52! soon!

heavy_308

OOOOOOH! I can't wait for that re-power!! I go for all things Detroit!

those things make a song like mama used to sing!
[thumbzup]

That sound makes the blood run hotter than normal, doesn't it? Hearing one of those old girls in a screaming rage, flying through the countryside.... should be a real hoot in the 5 ton... :twisted: :driver:

Last edited:

Stalwart

Well, we know why you're fat with that diet . . . just sayin', I'm still a bit fat at 230, not as bad as at 370, but still FAT.:mrgreen:

kc5mzd

I have a couple of M35a2 trucks. I fit in the ones with the "plywood box" seets much better. The adjustable ones with the springs make my belly rub...
I am 5'10" at about 250.

heavy_308

guys...mah belly don't rub...with the door shut, I can't raise my legs to push the clutch. my quads are almost pinned by the wheel. still working on it.....like I said , I am losing weight, but the belly isn't a problem...

I ran to the plant this morning to check my weight on brand new scales
0 tare setting. this thing registers a 16 penny nail when applied
I weighed 368
Sad that my night crew counter part at a svelte 178(and 6 years younger) has trouble keeping up with me at work.

Attachments

kc5mzd

There is a diffrence between being fat and being big.
There is also a diffrence between being big and being lazy.

promodhotrod

I'm in your boat 308, my solution was to get a 916! It is way comfy. I can for all intended purposes not drive my 5 ton size trucks.
KJ

Try an old Chevy pickup bench seat, that is what one of my trucks has, the owner before me removed the rotted original seats put two sections of unistrut under the seat and it sits a little lower about three inches. It has plenty of room and is comfy.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Well all I know is that I gained 15 lbs since Aug.( no work). at this rate I'll need the wrecker crane just to get me up on the running board, getting behind the wheel may become a chore if this keeps up

R Racing

There must be 2 styles of spring seats ! ( Hear me out) My M813 set all the way back I have about 1 1/2 inches clearance . On the M816 I have 4 inches with it set back between the wheel and my stomach ????

heavy_308

Once again guys...Thank you for so much help and info....might look into the chevy seat and some small adjustments here and there. The 916 is a no go...No Automatics....no way...no how....especially if those have problems surviving at low rpm....which is where mine will do it's thing....I am buying this to putter around in and tour through the national forests here around home....occasional rally and parade.

Albeit a neat sounding rig....the 916 and up trucks are out of my price range and I have no friends here to help go and chase down or retrieve trucks....just me.

I have an ex wife that is more useless than sand to a Berber tribesman ...

on a lighter note....I have lost 13 pounds....yay me.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A moderator here is likely to remove insulting posts and occasionally users who are so unpleasant as to make them.

To gain more room in the M818, I removed the bench seat, moved the air-ride to the passenget (let them bounce all over the place!) and put an M35 seat in the driver position. It was really as much about the annoying bouncing ride, as the gut was only a slight interference, not enough to worry about.

I don't understand why people like those seats, or maybe mine was broken although it seemed to function.

The 5T will provide a jarring ride with a standard box seat but at least my head does not keep hitting the roof.

About the air ride seat - its carriage does not allow it to actually move as far back as it could. Those who want more room might be able to mod that, or just move the mountings. I found in the M818, that the holes for bolting the seat down were captive nuts under the floor. Making it more difficult was that they were inside a closed channel. Therefore just moving the seat back and drilling would not have provided conveniently accessed holes for new bolts and locknuts. am getting lazy and if I had it my way I would find a military-looking cab that had some creature comforts. As it is now I will be looking for a 30,000BTU engine driven air conditioner. The condenser may either go on the passenger fender or under the truck somewhere.

heavy_308

Dozer1, I am in the process of acquiring it...there is negotiation(haggling) to be done, as it still hasn't fired off yet...
He says head gaskets were replaced and everything is on the level. but he hasn't been able to fire it up, I have no clue why. he was asking 3900.....I think he might take a lot less if I just take it as is. I am hoping 2500 or less.

and the Heavy_308 will always be..... I garnered that one from a friend years ago, he made the suggestion as an e-mail address(which I still have by the way), but is was in jest over me always shooting or building a .308 with a barrel like a truck axle. but disregard that statement, because it has to do with a gun.

Losing weight has always been hard for me, no matter how hard I work....I hit these level spots and I have to shock my system to start losing again.
Thai food (yum neua) which is a beef salad, and greek yogurt (Oikos, or Chobani) with a little cavender's greek seasoning in it...... this combo is the stuff.... very tasty, and no fat to speak of, save for what is in the lean steak on the salad. My problem is that I love to cook....never trust a skinny cook.....lol

I am wondering what this truck might look like if paint it Rustoleum Safety yellow, with black fender lips.....and yellow buds....with shiny black 16.00/20's on it???
might be a little ....how would you say...conspicuous ...lol [thumbzup]

I always wanted a life size Tonka toy!

and if I might ask, who said anything insulting?

Last edited:

m.walker

Remove the bottom and back seat padding and springs . Recover using 2 " high density foam with no springs . Lets you sit slightly lower and farther back . I'm 6'2" and 300 also , it works for me . The seat rides firmer but not unbearable . I can remember a few times my leg getting stuck between the steering wheel and door !

m816

Yep, you'r too fat for the truck, sell it to me and i will use my fat gut as a cruise control. Don't listen to all those who tell you to loose weight. You can always ride in the back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks