• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Rally. NASA and Rally America. All 1996 JDM STI on a 1999 Forester chassis. Don't ask me why ! She even has a "Log Book". Fun toy and very fast for this old guy.

1951M1078

Somrone told me that the headlights on the M1078 were poor. So I add some. What do you think ?

IMG_3681.jpgIMG_3682.jpgIMG_3683.jpgIMG_3684.jpgIMG_3685.jpg

So with a set of H4's and 6 225 Watt LED's I should have it covered. You think ?

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Looks nice. I don't think the original headlight location is bad. The original bulbs are a bit dim. If you are going off roading at night all that extra light can't hurt. Take a pic at night with them on.

1951M1078

Are you going to have pairs of them on different switches? Are you also going to bring the FMTV to the Overland expo?
I wish the truck would be ready but no. She will stay here. Going to take the Semi/RV. Think I am going to be apart of a round table on building big trucks for overlanding. Allan I'm going to run 3 ( one outers,one mids,one centers) 24 volt switches for the sets.(using the 24 volt to cut down on the amps) Total load will be 57 amps. So I'm thinking 3 25 amp circuits.

IMG_2606.jpg

Last edited:

Coldfoot Stew

Snowtrack
I live in Soldotna but mine out of Coldfoot. I have two A3 Deuces at the mine and just bought an LMTV. I use my Deuces mainly for fuel transport and I removed the CTIS on both of them as I got tired of all the flat tires every spring.Most of my equipment has tracks but if it has tires it gets blocked up when I shut down for the winter. The LMTV will be used for transportation and moving supplies up and down the river and I thought it might be nice to have the system working especially if it would air up the tires on start up. A friend just picked up my LMTV and it is sitting in Fairbanks ready to go north when the river opens up. He told me the only thing he found not working was the CTIS. All five lights are lit as well as all five indicator lights and the system does nothing. When he picked it up it had one low tire that he needed to inflated with his compressor. Any help would be appreciated. If it would work for you I would give you a call? By Alaskan standards we are neighbors and it would be nice to talk with you.

snowtrac nome

Snowtrack
I live in Soldotna but mine out of Coldfoot. I have two A3 Deuces at the mine and just bought an LMTV. I use my Deuces mainly for fuel transport and I removed the CTIS on both of them as I got tired of all the flat tires every spring.Most of my equipment has tracks but if it has tires it gets blocked up when I shut down for the winter. The LMTV will be used for transportation and moving supplies up and down the river and I thought it might be nice to have the system working especially if it would air up the tires on start up. A friend just picked up my LMTV and it is sitting in Fairbanks ready to go north when the river opens up. He told me the only thing he found not working was the CTIS. All five lights are lit as well as all five indicator lights and the system does nothing. When he picked it up it had one low tire that he needed to inflated with his compressor. Any help would be appreciated. If it would work for you I would give you a call? By Alaskan standards we are neighbors and it would be nice to talk with you.
pm sent

snowtrac nome

Somrone told me that the headlights on the M1078 were poor. So I add some. What do you think ?

View attachment 674654View attachment 674655View attachment 674656View attachment 674657View attachment 674659

So with a set of H4's and 6 225 Watt LED's I should have it covered. You think ?
looks cool I have some led li8ghts like that on one of my snowcats they work well on cold clear nights. they suck if snow is coming down raining or foggy the led scatters so much light they are hard to drive with in inclement weather my truck will likely get some hid or halligon driving lights work lights will be led just because of the light scatter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks