• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Installed for the last time the passenger seat ? LOL Here is the rear bracket.

IMG_3895.jpg

And someone asked for a shot with someone in the seat. He is 6' and about 160#.

IMG_3899.jpgIMG_3901.jpgIMG_3902.jpg

Now working on the driver's side. This side is going to be a pain !

1951M1078

It was all the levers on the right side of the seat. Ok, on the passenger side but not the driver side.

If the seats were right and left it would have been fine. but their all right's.

1951M1078

I found the box for my "Overland" build. Best part it was $500. 8' x 16' x 7'2". Total over height will be 11'7".

01212_b71nEibWLeN_1200x900.jpg

Will pick it up Wednesday.

1951M1078

It has some things,but over all its in great shape.

Finding one that is Fiberglass Reinforced was a problem. Lost's of looking.
Lots of Alum body's but few glass.
Most were in the 1k to 2.5k. But a good box would probable be in that range.
But I was going to cut the back end (notch) and wanted one that needed work.

1951M1078

Pulled the van box off the trailer and started removing the chassis. What a pain.

IMG_3985.jpg

IMG_3986.jpg

IMG_3989 - Copy.jpg

IMG_3990.jpg

Saturday I will remove what is left and put on another trailer for storage. Then I will pull up the LMTV and remove the flat bed. Maybe find time to test fit the box ? Its a little warm here . (116) I got overheated and went home. I'm a woose.

Another Ahab

Saturday I will remove what is left and put on another trailer for storage. Then I will pull up the LMTV and remove the flat bed. Maybe find time to test fit the box ? Its a little warm here . (116) I got overheated and went home. I'm a woose.
Was that the thermometer reading or the heat index?!

1951M1078

Finished removing the chassis from under the box.

IMG_3999.jpg

IMG_4001.jpg

Anything I need to know about pulling the bed off the LMTV ? Pointers ?

Keith Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used a right angle grinder with a cut off wheel to cut the Huck bolts off. Warning the Huck bolts have a lot of tension so sometimes just before you cut all the way through the bolt, the tension causes it to pop off in an explosive way and they go flying at a high rate of speed.

1951M1078

Pulled the bed today ! After the one bad bolt it came off with ease.

With the bed off the truck with 1/2 tank of fuel its 14,320 Lbs . The bed (with the seats I can't install) 2379 Lbs.

IMG_4003.jpg

agazza2

When do you plan to sit the cargo box on the truck? If I have a chance, I would like to see the truck with the bed off to take a few photos so I can determine how to install my living quarters on to the frame.

1951M1078

At this point it will be on again - off again for some time. Just give me a head's up when your coming over. Now I need to remove all the leftover plates on all the cross steel . Their in the way of the tie down steel. Just lost's of work but no big deal.

Started the cut out for the trans. But with luck the floor well be left alone. Also looking a adding water tank or tanks ?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks