• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I have joined the club ! And yes I have lost my mine !

1951M1078

Just family problems and I'm getting older and running out of time.

My plan is to offer the truck the way it is.
Or the truck back to the military truck it was. With all the repairs.
And sell the box as it is now.

Trying to figure out the prices for the stuff. Makes me mad just looking at what could be.

Another Ahab

Trying to figure out the prices for the stuff. Makes me mad just looking at what could be.
Sorry that things didn't work out like you planned, 1951M1078. I have been there for sure. It's no fun when dreams crash.

Guessing you thought it all through plenty.

But think you might pull it off somehow with a Plan B?

Reworked LMTV

Just family problems and I'm getting older and running out of time.

My plan is to offer the truck the way it is.
Or the truck back to the military truck it was. With all the repairs.
And sell the box as it is now.

Born in 1951?

Another Ahab

Fitting the power wall.
View attachment 817252
Electricians ("Sparkies"), and Electrical work always struck me as some kind of special magic club.

My Seabee rating was BU, Builder we were masons and carpenters essentially. Always mystified by Sparky and his trade.

I mean plumbing I understand (Holy Trinity), and I just approached electrical work as plumbing where where electricity is the water and wiring is the pipes.

Yeah, I'm not too smart.

If it's not TOO complicated can you just run down what the major components are, on that power wall, and what they "do"?

I'm not too smart. But I WOULD like to be!

1951M1078

Ok, this will be from left to right ,top to bottom.

IMG_0893.JPG

Top row.12 volt sub panel and breakers, Solar panels breaker ,24 volt to 12 converter.
#2= Remote for MPPT (solar controller),Remote for Inverter/charger, Shunt remote( what is being used)
#3= 120 volt sub panel and breakers,MPPT (solar panel output controller (39 volts in 24 volts out) when the sun is on, Breaker for 24 to 12 volt converter.
#4= Ground main busbar,solar output from MPPT breaker.
#5= Inverter/charger (blue box)
36= On/Off power to inverter/charger, + Power Main busbar and bellow a master Breaker (300)amp.

Bellow all of that will be the battery's.

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0891.JPG

Another Ahab

Ok, this will be from left to right ,top to bottom.
Thanks a million, 1951M1078!

When it's broken down like that, it is all a whole lot more understandable. Excellent.

BTW, you might have mentioned it already, but how much homework did you do on the Inverter, and how did you decide on that one?

1951M1078

Top is the 12 volt breaker's (lights,fans,stuff)
#2= Load gauge(reads the main shunt), Remote control for the inverter/charger , Remote for the MPPT Solar controller.
#3= 120 volt breaker's ( HVAC, wall outlets,cook-top,Microwave/convection oven )

1951M1078

Wednesday is going to be a turning point. We all know this should have been looked at way before this point. But that didn't work out. It is and has always been in GOD's hands and now we must stay strong and do what HE will ask from us. I do not know what that will be. I ask all to look into your heart and ask GOD for his hand to help guide yours. May GOD's grace be on all of you. Amen.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks