• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

i JUS BOUGHT A DUMP

T

televisionman007

well ok i took some pics and am curious about the numbers on the side. Also GL calls me ODDBALL now(hence photo) thanks cessnatwin. i am looking forward to getting this ol dog back on the road. anyways here are the pics i promised

Attachments

sandcobra164

The number's on the side are the USMC registration number. Rather than put unit markings on the truck, the Marine Corps simply stencil's the reg. number on the truck. They don't receive unit marking's for the most part but occasionally you'll see one that's been personalized with some artwork.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does that thing have an engine? Did you just forget them????:cookoo:

Looking forward to seeing it when I drop off the trailer.

RAYZER

Nice truck there "odd ball" when we were looking this beast over today, I noticed that it has a real straight body and bed,and no rust!

T

televisionman007

The number's on the side are the USMC registration number. Rather than put unit markings on the truck, the Marine Corps simply stencil's the reg. number on the truck. They don't receive unit marking's for the most part but occasionally you'll see one that's been personalized with some artwork.
thank you for the info sandcobra and thanks for the help at the yard

T

televisionman007

Does that thing have an engine? Did you just forget them????:cookoo:

Looking forward to seeing it when I drop off the trailer.
oh it will be here TOW4,, NOW WHERES MY TRAILER?????? LOL say hi to chuck for me

T

televisionman007

Nice truck there "odd ball" when we were looking this beast over today, I noticed that it has a real straight body and bed,and no rust!
well rayzer thank you for noticing. That is one thing this dump has going for it. I will bring her back to life with yr help

T

televisionman007

ok i got my 2 tires and a pretty good looking radiator. Im gonna have tires mounted this week and have rad tested and buy some batteries and then hopefully start workin on her to get her to start

T

televisionman007

ok i jus picked up my 2 tires from tire shop. now im gonna put them on so at least she sits pretty in the yard. Also rad is at shop getting rebuilt.pics will follow

R Racing

Do yourself a hugh favor and replace the fuel line from the filter to the pump on the engine. Its a AN10 ends and you can go 1/2 or 3/8 hose. They are known for cracking and loosing prime and making them really hard starting. I just replaced mine a few weeks back and the best money I have spent on the truck yet !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks